The Search Is Over

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerez Gearing

He simply recommended that gearing as it worked. As for anti-wheelie he was running a Gen 4 with a M RCK fitted so everything is set up and adjusted electronically.

Re: Jerez Gearing

He simply recommended that gearing as it worked. As for anti-wheelie he was running a Gen 4 with a M RCK fitted so everything is set up and adjusted electronically.

They are orthogonal things when it comes to wheelies. eletronics can only cut-power, wheelbase does not. Altho Dave says RCK Pro has a setting to control for how fast it reacts vs. RCK Gen3.

Anyway, just off the phone with Dave and he reckons it will be around 15-43/16-44 (he ran 16-44 on Gen3). The reason is simple, it prevents the bike from wheeling too much. He says the bike feels slower, but in reality it's much faster out of the corners.

Interesting...Gotta take 43/44 rears with me to Jerez.

Jerez Gearing

They are orthogonal things when it comes to wheelies. eletronics can only cut-power, wheelbase does not. Altho Dave says RCK Pro has a setting to control for how fast it reacts vs. RCK Gen3.

Anyway, just off the phone with Dave and he reckons it will be around 15-43/16-44 (he ran 16-44 on Gen3). The reason is simple, it prevents the bike from wheeling too much. He says the bike feels slower, but in reality it's much faster out of the corners.

Interesting...Gotta take 43/44 rears with me to Jerez.

Very true although you can no longer take gearing and wheelbase in isolation as they compliment your electronic strategy. By all accounts the M RCK is light years ahead of the RCK3 and older RCK Pro. It’s just a shame that it costs well over £5,000.

Don’t suppose anyone could give me some base figures for the DDC as a starting point for an 85kg rider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciated guys thanks. I’ll start off there and see how I get on

Was that OEM forks? I only had 2 turns on OEM forks when MCT changed the preloader...before that it was zero.

The stock suspension is basically made for 85-90kg riders. No preload required as it's built in.

Front
+1 Comp
+3 Reb

Rear
0 Comp
+2 Reb

Ran these settings then at Jerez on the Metzeler K2s set at 26 psi off the warmers and noticed a tear down the left hand side.
Dropped the pressures to 24 psi and still didn?t make any difference.
Back up to 27 psi and again no difference.

Changed the tyre and tried them at 24 psi off the warmers and got the exact same.

When I spoke to the tyre guy they said that everyone was having the same issues at Jerez apart from the guys running the V02

addfe4ff128da548ccb055d9d725b2da.jpg

It doesn't look deep like rear cold tear but if thats what it is then increasing rebound in the rear would have been my next option. +4 see if it kept the weight on the rear to maintain the heat better.

Other option is to reduce preload, so the rear sits lower.

- Alex

Metzeler

I had similar wear with a Metzeler K2 rear tyre at Portimao. Hot pressures were well within range and suspension was set. The cause for me was that I was simply not being smooth enough on the throttle. I adjusted my riding style and throttle input to better manage rear tyre wear and it cleared up after a couple of sessions.

Ran these settings then at Jerez on the Metzeler K2s set at 26 psi off the warmers and noticed a tear down the left hand side.
Dropped the pressures to 24 psi and still didn?t make any difference.
Back up to 27 psi and again no difference.

Changed the tyre and tried them at 24 psi off the warmers and got the exact same.

When I spoke to the tyre guy they said that everyone was having the same issues at Jerez apart from the guys running the V02

addfe4ff128da548ccb055d9d725b2da.jpg

I would definitely increase rear comp and rebound by few clicks to see if this starts going away. Considering your pace, if you became quicker this tear would only get worse.

I've found that the better warmers that you use, the less cold tear you get...................while I know this is not the only reason, since I've moved to Capits it's become much less of an issue for me.

Latest posts

Back