The Search Is Over

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s got a front sprocket cover on so I’ll have a look at what’s on the front today.

The axle/adjusters seem to be right at the at the end of their adjustment in the swingarm and the chain still feels pretty loose to me.

First job this morning is to put the side stand back on. Can’t be bothered with the faff of using a paddock stand every time I move it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a good look at this morning and although it’s towards the end of the swingarm it’s still got a bit of adjustment on it. I thought initially that the chain was stretched but there’s no wear on the sprockets so might just stay with this set up for now and order up some others

I got the oil and filter done, tyres changed and went for some Metzeler K2 slicks. I’ve ordered some SBS dual carbon pads.
Got the side stand fitted as well to save any messing about.

Picked up a 2D suspension sensor and ordered the brackets from Alpha.

Getting there...

9168993ea0a6be3c0902b39739b0c097.jpg

Looking good...any plans for changing the fairings or gonna run with what you got?

Think I’ll change them eventually. Three seat unit is doing my head in with that seat pad. I was hoping that I could run the CRC seat pad with it but doesn’t seem it. Going to see how I get on with it before I throw too much cash at it, especially on cosmetics

Goodies collected from the sorting office this morning by a very stressed out wife [emoji23]

ae33a4d61d266b4bac5165ac4d07ba31.jpg

Goodies collected from the sorting office this morning by a very stressed out wife [emoji23]

ae33a4d61d266b4bac5165ac4d07ba31.jpg

To avoid any earache from my wife 'what you buying for that bloody bike now' I collect my own parcels!

Bit of a change of plan regarding the brakes. Managed to pick up a set of Brembo M4 calipers for a good price so couldn’t resist which means another new set of pads. I’ve gone for a set of GPFAX pads and ordered a seal kit for the calipers while I’m at it.
Be interesting to see how the Brembo RCS, M4s, braided lines, GPFAX pads and ATE racing blue fluid performs.

Bikes almost ready for Jerez now.

Got the M4s on with the GPFAX pads and some ATE racing blue fluid. I’ll see how I get on with the ATE fluid, I’ve got some RB660 out in Spain if there’s an issue with the ATE that I might change.
Fitted some new pads in the rear as well.

I was a bit confused with the calipers when I went to fit then because they’re not drilled for the dowels in the fork legs but after a quick search on here and some reassurance from Kyle I found it’s pretty common to to fit them without the dowels.
Sod’s law I’ve just seen a set that are drilled to tie the dowels on eBay for the same price I paid.

I connected up the GS-911 and had a play around with that. Seems a cracking piece of kit once you get your head round it.

Fitted the 2D front suspension sensor and some R&G lock stops that work well with it to stop any fouling.
Just need to figure out the DDC calibration issue and get some DDC base setting to try and see how I get on.

ec9bd21ca48a610757fce9df1810af9f.jpg

a0d85954fcefc4bdc0dc2f4aa3f1233c.jpg

bda74b1103c0f168ecc9e595bb6eaa2a.jpg

94dff2a289546a1044f6f4c07fa5f6a1.jpg

e05cc296fbb545d99e8e991ec4a5e9fc.jpg
b99dabdba01e558afb480628c7e601d3.jpg

Took the rear DDC sensor plug off and bounced it up and down on the front and rear and managed to get the DDC to calibrate so that’s me done with the spannering...I think

Jerez Gearing

It’s still running the 16/44 at the minute but I’ve got a 46 there to take with me to Jerez as well

When I last spoke to Phil Crowe following his test onboard his Gen 4 at Jerez last month he recommended 16/44.

Re: Jerez Gearing

When I last spoke to Phil Crowe following his test onboard his Gen 4 at Jerez last month he recommended 16/44.
Did he explain why? Control wheelies?

I guess the way I'm thinking about gearing is a bit simplistic. I gear so I can use 6th on straight and don't really consider what's happening with the wheelbase at this stage.

Last edited:
Back