Adding modes Gen 3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carsonr6

Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a Gen 3 base model bike can have the slick and user modes added if it didn’t come with the dynamic and performance packs from the factory?

my understanding is that the sport model will have the dynamic pack but the performance pack was an added extra?

is that true?

I can't speak with 100% authority but I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. When you buy the bike you cannot enable the performance pack / slick mode until the 600 mile(km?) service so I'd have thought ordering it later is just the same.

My mates going to confirm when he looks at the bike tomorrow but the owner sent me a picture of the dash showing the slick and user modes available. Does this mean that it has the pro riding modes for adjusting the suspension?

Eh?

Gen3 didnt have 'pro' riding modes?
ABS Pro was cornering ABS. Says it on the dash on boot up.

You need the 2D sensor to allow full suspension adjustment.

- Alex

My mates going to confirm when he looks at the bike tomorrow but the owner sent me a picture of the dash showing the slick and user modes available. Does this mean that it has the pro riding modes for adjusting the suspension?

Gen3 is a completely different animal from the gen4, there is no carry over on electronics. You can change the front and rear suspension settings on a gen3 in any mode. It does not have any of the ‘pro’ customisation that the gen4 has apart from being able to adjust the dtc in slick mode. Each mode on the gen3 is setup from factory to behave accordingly. I would recommend you read a user manual to fully understand how to use a gen3.

I read online about the quick shifter pro and they also mentioned with the dynamic package that there was more adjustability on the suspension electronically and sure they called it pro as well, I must be wrong. I’ll try and get the gen 3 manual

i might be able to sort you front pot if your after one,wont know till next week though after i've gone through my shrinking box of bits

Managed to download the Gen 3 manual and it seems that they refer to pro riding modes in the manual when they are talking about slick and user modes.

09b9793125f79b354fea3e7d286215dd.jpg

af21142e983f304866bb877f1d91ef99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i might be able to sort you front pot if your after one,wont know till next week though after i've gone through my shrinking box of bits

Just a wee reminder mate in case you’ve forgotten to have a look or not had time yer

Hi Carson,

I had a gen 3, a 2015 with the full spec.

But regarding the 2D suspension sensor, you activate this via the suspension settings, it works for all of the modes.

When you fit the 2D sensor and plug it into the wiring loom, it's on the LHS near the front servo motor, then the suspension settings will recognise it is there and you will be able to separate the compression and rebound settings.
Without the 2D sensor, it will simply say DMP for the front settings and you cannot separate compression from rebound.
I believe it also makes the front suspension 'dynamic' assuming your bike has the DDS fitted.
I still have my 2D sensor and I am hoping to fit it on my Gen 4 when it comes, still looking into how to mount it though.

Hi Carson,

But regarding the 2D suspension sensor, you activate this via the suspension settings, it works for all of the modes

When you fit the 2D sensor and plug it into the wiring loom, it's on the LHS near the front servo motor, then the suspension settings will recognise it is there and you will be able to separate the compression and rebound settings.
Without the 2D sensor, it will simply say DMP for the front settings and you cannot separate compression from rebound.
I believe it also makes the front suspension 'dynamic' assuming your bike has the DDS fitted.
I still have my 2D sensor and I am hoping to fit it on my Gen 4 when it comes, still looking into how to mount it though.

cheers mate. Managed to download the Gen 3 manual and been doing some research. I’ve been getting confused with some of the terminology being used online but reading the manual confirms that BMW refer to the slick and user modes as the pro riding modes.
I managed to find the section on the 2D sensor and it’s function in the manual as well

Hi Carson,

But regarding the 2D suspension sensor, you activate this via the suspension settings, it works for all of the modes.

went to install the sensor today but after plugging it in, I’m still only seeing front dmp. It’s as if it’s not seeing the sensor and changing to enable setting the front comp and rebound

Back