Jorge Lorenzo 99 Retirement

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant see it being alex due to contract.personaly,i think cal will get it(certainly deserves it,plus he's a known quantity) for a yr,then possibly alex if his form carries on.
I thought Cal had intimated that he was considering hanging his helmet up at the end of his contract with LCR and setting up in California? He’s no spring chicken either.

but given the chance of a full factory ride,i doubt very much he'd turn that down.

Guess it was coming, but I think it’s a shame to see him go. Still think he has one of, if not the, best riding style in the world.

Have to wonder what would’ve been if Ducati kept him on for another year ...

Too right Oli, JL is probably the smoothest rider (ever?) in the paddock...

Im not sure he would have been able to win a championship on a Ducati, Rossi couldn't master the Ducati either.

I take my hat off to Stoner, he had a special relationship with his Ducati.

Last edited:
Cal is sponsored by Monster, Repsol Honda by Redbull.

That would have to change one way or the other for Cal to move.

- Alex

Last edited:
pretty sure cal will have a clause in his contract should a factory ride become available

who knows,he might not even get offered it,or even want it,he's under no real pressure * where he is,so might not want the added stress of trying to figure out the repsol,but as it would be his final year or 2 (i suspect),he will want to prove he is 1 of the best out there as a full factory Honda rider

well,looks like he wont get the chance of a factory ride,gonna be interesting to see how he gets (alex) withtthe honda,also i wonder if mark will help him out on track like he did lorenzo :)

https://motomatters.com/news/2019/11/18/alex_marquez_confirmed_alongside_brother.html

I think it's a bit sh1t for the sport. Just makes it look even more like its Spanish mafia run. AM73 is a fine rider but I don't think he really had a challenger this year...and yet still nearly blew it. I don't think he copes with pressure well. MM93 will be distracted babysitting him in 2020 so Ducati/Yamaha etc have their best opportunity to win.

i have no doubt there was a "little" pressure added from mark,time will tell i suppose,but would have liked cal to at least have a season on the factory honda

i guess we'll never who was/wasn't in contention,but i'm pretty sure that cals personal sponser wouldn't have been an issue (or at least a way around it) if the offer arose.

Which ever rider it was going to be you were always going to be the second best to MM93....Happened to Dani P...will happen to any one going forward.
I too would have liked to seen Cal given the chance but the Marquez brothers is possibly part publicity also....

2020 should be a good season....just hope i got enought stashed on the sky box to keep me tied over for the next few months

lets be honest,thats going to happen quite a bit i suapect whilst he's learning how the bike works and getting an idea where it's limits are.lets hope he bounces aswell as his brother :)

He didn't pull it left enough to allow him to brake more upright before entering the right hander.

I'm sure he'll get there, all of them crash.

Back