Thread: Frame sliders

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER bmwbadboy's Avatar

Frame sliders

What do people think about using / not using frame sliders?
    Last edited by bmwbadboy; 13th November 2019 at 06:48 PM.

Re: Frame sliders

Being an expert in falling off(!),I think they should be used.BUT-they need to protrude as little as possible.The ideal setup would be short frame protectors,engine case protectors,end can protector and bar end protectors(or weights).

Yes,longer frame protectors will protect the side fairings but,that's not much use when the bike flips over in the gravel and smashes the top fairing,dash etc and damages the other side of the bike!

I am yet to see the advantage of axle spindle protectors!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to baz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bmwbadboy View Post
    What do people think about using / not using frame sliders?
    in my (quite a few) crashes,sliders have always done more good than harm,last time being perfect example,high side,bike flipped onto it's side (non exhaust thankfully) and slid about 40-50yds,only damage was peg,clip on and crash bung,slight rash to fairings.witout would have been a lot worse.

a lot of it is down to how far they stick out,the GB bullet are perfect,give just the right amount of protection without sticking out to far so the dont dig into soft stuff+flip bike,plus it'sonly 15 quid to replace the actuall puck,and 20 second job to replace.this is all track based,road wise i'd have every protector there was sticking out as far as it could

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    in my (quite a few) crashes,sliders have always done more good than harm,last time being perfect example,high side,bike flipped onto it's side (non exhaust thankfully) and slid about 40-50yds,only damage was peg,clip on and crash bung,slight rash to fairings.witout would have been a lot worse.

a lot of it is down to how far they stick out,the GB bullet are perfect,give just the right amount of protection without sticking out to far so the dont dig into soft stuff+flip bike,plus it'sonly 15 quid to replace the actuall puck,and 20 second job to replace.this is all track based,road wise i'd have every protector there was sticking out as far as it could
    Thanks! Thats a good point about GB racing sliders, they are quite slim indeed.

Frame Sliders

I’ve always used low profile frame sliders on my track bikes. They have always worked well and don’t dig in once the bike slides off the tarmac increasing the risk of flipping and further damage. alpha Racing make some very good ones, which from bitter experience, work extremely well.

I've just bought some of the reasonably priced Gilles ones that are spring loaded as well. They dont protrude too much and hopefully take some impact shock out.
    Just hope they don't boing it over

Quote Originally Posted by TheGodfather View Post
    I've just bought some of the reasonably priced Gilles ones that are spring loaded as well. They dont protrude too much and hopefully take some impact shock out.
    Just hope they don't boing it over
    Ha, I actually cancelled them today in favor of GB racing ones. They look they will stick out from the fairings.

Riding
    2012 s1000rr Track only

GB Racing Race sliders, they do not protrude as much as the Road ones.
    Always use them on my Race Bikes
    Davy