Puncture repair

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Ever had a Puncture?

I bought a Crafty Plugger Kit a few months ago hoping that I would never have to use it, well, 3 miles from home after riding for 448 miles I got a Puncture in the rear tyre. To say I was pi$$ed off was an understatement. I got the puncture kit out and plugged it, within 10 minutes was back in the saddle.

1st class bit of kit that is very easy to use. ;D

Here is the link http://www.craftyplugger.com/shop/page/1?sessid=erTolre1oJryeUINfO2Jq2J9m1q6PJsHAFBtjcl2vHAyCJ8ctTqRQs9Obzbaocml&shop_param=

bananaman link=topic=1529.msg14646#msg14646 date=1349949099 said:
Typical, nearly home................ ???
Yep, but I was glad to get home, amazingly the tyre is still up to pressure. Im leaving it to see if it goes down over the next couple of months, will check it before every ride ;D

I brought the tire plugger kit to plug mine very handy. But I did replace my tyre with new even though I did look at my plugged tyre when removed well seated mushroom plug

Bettybeamer link=topic=1529.msg14678#msg14678 date=1350051688 said:
I did replace my tyre with new even though I did look at my plugged tyre when removed well seated mushroom plug
I did consider changing the tyre but decided to keep an eye on the pressure before every ride (which I should do anyway ;)). Its still up (ooo err missus ;D) ok.

Still got a plug in my rear tyre been in there for 2500 miles now, i use the pocket tyre plugger with the mushrooms, they only take mins to fit and job done until the tyre id worn out. :) :)

Back