Generator for tyre warmers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's interesting - the lables on my Capits say 800w in total (500w rear, 300w front).............I would have thought all the quality warmers would be similar.

It maybe the peak load when starting up, they didn't specify.

Hmmm now the website said 59db.

But a sticker on it says 96db LWA which converts to ~70db SPA at 7m which is the reference distance for measuring genny's.

Honda's put out 88 db LWA which is about 63db SPA.

Still in general its going in a carpark thats loud already...

- Alex

That looks a decent deal for an inverter genny of that power with a 2 year warranty.

Hmmm now the website said 59db.

But a sticker on it says 96db LWA which converts to ~70db SPA at 7m which is the reference distance for measuring genny's.

Honda's put out 88 db LWA which is about 63db SPA.

Still in general its going in a carpark thats loud already...

- Alex

I have same sticker on my i2500W

I have same sticker on my i2500W

I'm looking for a smaller / lighter genny and just looked at the specs of the i2500 and they're exactly what I'm looking for - have you had yours long and have there been any issues with it?

I'm looking for a smaller / lighter genny and just looked at the specs of the i2500 and they're exactly what I'm looking for - have you had yours long and have there been any issues with it?

I bought it 2 weeks ago thinking there will be a fight for 3 bike spots in garages. Turns out people are much more relaxed and even if you arrive at 8am, there will be spots free.
So, I havent tried it yet.

Maybe one day, once I get to Cadwell I will try

Check your oil level, mine out of the box isn't as high as it says to be

- Alex

I havent even put oil in yet. It will prolly sit and wait until I decide to do Cadwell.

Did you claim 10gbp voucher back?

Last edited:
Link?

- Alex
I assume you bought from unionmart ? They sent me a voucher with a genny that says if I leave 5 stars product review they give 10gbp refund. I bought from them via eBay, so just left review and messaged them to show a screenshot when it got posted. They didn't check whether I had a voucher, so I guess if you haven't got one, message them anyway.

Last edited:
I assume you bought from unionmart ? They sent me a voucher with a genny that says if I leave 5 stars product review they give 10gbp refund. I bought from them via eBay, so just left review and messaged them to show a screenshot when it got posted. They didn't check whether I had a voucher, so I guess if you haven't got one, message them anyway.
Oh that might be the folded paper...thats still folded

- Alex

My i5000 just arrived!
Despite the name it produces 2800w on continuous power.

168f55e2bb7030c4e2916e681a98a4be.jpg

- Alex

I bought the Bohmer AG 2500k which is 2200W...not sure how their naming works. It states 63-65db depending where you look online. It is not that bad in terms of noise and cheap at ?190, seems well built too. I didn't fit the wheels as it weighs too much and takes up too much space with those on.

Either way it works for the warmers which i think are around 1100w.

I have actually modified the exhaust to quieten even more, found an old baffle and attached it to the end (I'll take a pic) and it has helped. But most of the noise actually seems to be from the intake.

2500k-hero-amz-1.jpg

It is good, fairly quiet and doesn't use a ton of fuel. It had about 3/4 of a tank left from my last TD. I do not believe this model is an inverter. Only real negative is the weight, it is about 40KG with the wheels on.

Mine is 35kg without. Only fits on the back seat of the car too, making it awkward and a strain to travel with.

I need a van or an estate/hatchback!

- Alex

The ironic thing is the wheels bump up the weight! Definitely need an estate as a minimum. I had an old van but age got the better of it. I already had a pickup and now use a trailer, it works for the once a month track day but if i was more frequent i would definitely go back to a van. Plus the truck and trailer is stupidly long haha.

Generator for Tyre Warmers

Mine weighs about 21Kg. It?s not exactly lightweight but it is compact.

Back