Gen 4 Spec order and configurator

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc A

Reaction score
Morning all
I see the configurator for UK has changed and now includes some accessories....

For those that have ordered a Gen 4 and are still awaiting for delivery can I ask what extras did you order?
Looking at putting a deposit down next weekend after seeing hockenheim silver in the flesh at the NEC....but most likely go with the MSport
I'm looking at choosing from dealer
Factory alarm
Emergency call services
High tinted screen
TFT screen protector
Luggage for euro trip (which ones to be decided)

Just some insight into what everyone else has spec'd would be great....worth getting the Emergency services and alarm?

I would recommend the water and oil cooler protectors of BMW. Cheap, light and have a good design. Why to put a metal mesh heavy?

Emergency services come with the benefit of having a SIM which will enable you to find your bike using the BMW App. I think it is modern safety (albeit Big Brotherish). Choice is yours.

RDC IMO is also recommendable. In particular helpful for track days to control proper pressures but also helped when loosing tire pressure while riding (so as safety option).

Most would put the standard version seat because it is not racing so not that hard. If you can get it in addition or if you will not do track days then it would be a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good shout on the seat.....when I test rode it I didn't notice it for first 2 hours but certainly did after then. I was going to look at Evotech rad, oil guards and bobins. But haven't compared prices yet.

I ordered sport + perf pack, no accessories as plan to use it on track only and all of them are useless, including pressure monitor.

Good shout on the seat.....when I test rode it I didn't notice it for first 2 hours but certainly did after then. I was going to look at Evotech rad, oil guards and bobins. But haven't compared prices yet.

My 2 cents. Bother are black, protect from debris and are so behind the tire and under that a metal mesh that costs almost double does not justify.
Unless sure, you want to do off-road with your RR.
In normal conditions easily Bmw’s is more than enough.

Then that money you can get Evotech ‘s bar end weights for example.

Well its been quiet at work today so I've done an excel spreadsheet...appt is booked with dealer and gonna see if I can get a deal (i'm in car sales so should be pretty good at it)
Gonna vito the evotech rad as prices are expensive when BMW ones will do for a fraction of the price.

But current spec I've chosen is

Radiator grill
TFT screen
Tank protector
High tinted screen
Alarm
SOS
Rear bag 20L
Tank bag 10L
Paddock stand
normal Sport seat
Single cowl

Will keep u all posted
Dont think I'm gonna be getting much change....but least 5-6m till it arrives it gives me some time to save for some carbon goodies.

I’m sure I remember someone saying that premium members have access to a BMW discount for accessories.
Did I just dream that, or is it true?

Well its been quiet at work today so I've done an excel spreadsheet...appt is booked with dealer and gonna see if I can get a deal (i'm in car sales so should be pretty good at it)
Gonna vito the evotech rad as prices are expensive when BMW ones will do for a fraction of the price.

Radiator grill
TFT screen
Tank protector
High tinted screen
Alarm
SOS
Rear bag 20L
Tank bag 10L
Paddock stand
normal Sport seat
Single cowl

Will keep u all posted
Dont think I'm gonna be getting much change....but least 5-6m till it arrives it gives me some time to save for some carbon goodies.

Might be worth checking the spec on the alarm as last time I looked the Beemer factory option wasn’t Thatcham approved, so useless if you’re reliant on one for UK insurance purposes. The 2L factory tank bag’s well worth blagging if you can get them to chuck one in - can’t even tell it’s there.

Radiator grill
TFT screen
Tank protector
High tinted screen
Alarm
SOS
Rear bag 20L
Tank bag 10L
Paddock stand
normal Sport seat
Single cowl

Will keep u all posted

your better off having the pillion pack instead of the cowl. the cowl is £300 and the pillion pack £1200 from what i recall. you get either one or the other at no price difference so you can get a few hundred back selling the pillion pack.

your better off having the pillion pack instead of the cowl. the cowl is £300 and the pillion pack £1200 from what i recall. you get either one or the other at no price difference so you can get a few hundred back selling the pillion pack.

The rear bag can only be attached to the pillion seat so the cowl was if I was solo riding.... but yeah I recall reading another thread where someone highlighted the massive price difference.

Have you got a firm delivery date R25??

The rear bag can only be attached to the pillion seat so the cowl was if I was solo riding.... but yeah I recall reading another thread where someone highlighted the massive price difference.

Have you got a firm delivery date R25??

no not yet. end of march was what i was told. that suits me as i wont ride on salty roads anyway.

Well as mine goes to build in week 48 and with the new options appearing, now I have a decision to make and quick.
How do the BMW radiator guards compare to the Evotech items? The picture of the grills in the configurator look the wrong size for the oil and water radiator, as well as having some extra plastics.
The axle protectors look nice with the M symbol, but £180 nice? tempting....
With the mention of the pillion package, I have nothing written down on whether that is on order or not.... I had better ring the dealer and check on all these.

I did spec the M-Sport with the SOS. There was not too much to select back in June.

Last edited:
im getting different info to prices...Bahnstormers have an online shop which specs TFT screen protector for 41 quid....local dealer quoted me £60 today.....

April time be perfect R25....plenty of time to get ur bike sold in the mean time

Well he did price the rad guards at 789 quid....later confessed to fat fingers meaning it should be 79....and I'm assuming these were ex vat as well.....
oh well something to thrash out over a cuppa lol

I’m sure I remember someone saying that premium members have access to a BMW discount for accessories.
Did I just dream that, or is it true?

Yes they do (also servicing), from the two forum partner dealerships, Lind and Alan Jeffries.

Well as mine goes to build in week 48 and with the new options appearing, now I have a decision to make and quick.
How do the BMW radiator guards compare to the Evotech items? The picture of the grills in the configurator look the wrong size for the oil and water radiator, as well as having some extra plastics.
The axle protectors look nice with the M symbol, but £180 nice? tempting....
With the mention of the pillion package, I have nothing written down on whether that is on order or not.... I had better ring the dealer and check on all these.

I did spec the M-Sport with the SOS. There was not too much to select back in June.

Radiator guards.
I had EP’s on two S1000 bikes in the past, solid metal mesh a bit of work to put on. Never had big stones hitting them no issues with temperatures.
Now I have BMW they fit easier as they are made for the bike, are lighter and have a honeycomb pattern, deeper than the metal plate of EP. for protection of a street/track bike more than enough. On an area where it cosmetically does little ideal imo. And cheaper, easier to replace.

Axle protectors are Gilles Tooling ones. Like most BmW ones, solid material also inside is same mass of aluminum (some brands have lighter one on the expansion rings). Like more the design of Lightech ones but I bought these from BMW as i had no issues and probably would sell better afterwards should I part ways with the bike.

Thanks for the reply.
At the price difference between BMW and EP, I was wondering if the BMW were made from cardboard? lol
I also have the EP guards on my SX and S1000R and am happy with their build quality (the insulation foam could be better).

If you are after the BMW official pricing, I found this document. [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://mcoslo.no/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/bmw-org.-utstyr.pdf Page 36 for the 2019 S1000RR.

Prices are in Kroner, but conversion to GBP is simple enough

[/FONT]

Back