Creaking forks

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonty

Reaction score
HELP! My bike has developed a serious creak when you apply the front brake and pull/push on the forks. It sounds like a couple of honeymooners are in the room above.

I've created a very poorly made, portrait video to illustrate the problem. Yes, that is an axe and a body board on the wall – great combo :)

Anyway, I digress... I'd really appreciate any thoughts on what the issue might be here. I've just replaced the carbon fairings with the OEM, unused panels, but nothing seems to be rubbing. It's proving tricky to locate where the sound is coming from.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Thank you in advance for any words of wisdom.

I would (with the front end supported and no weight on the front wheel) loosen all the fork clamping bolts and re-tighten to 19nm with a torque wrench. It sounds like one or more are not torqued to spec.

I've had no creaking like yours but I did have pretty heavy clunking from the front end which proved to be excessively worn front disk bobbins.

Back