Motorcycle cleaner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think brake cleaner is not advised if there is plastic or rubber in the spray area.

Blit-Hamber make an excellent degreaser, worth checking out. :)

This stuffs brilliant

405de31fbcd90da00e465aa6a7860694.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the sdoc gel spray was great, but then I read warning that it can damage anodised finishings. Shame, because it is a great cleaning product.

I now use my car products snow foam, shampoo and wax, and elbow grease. And some wd40 to remove and chain gunk.

On a serious note, I find a wd40 soaking, toothbrush (10p Sainsburys) to agitate, fresh wash down with wd then pressure can of brake/clutch cleaner to get rid of any loose bits which evaporates quick enough not to affect any plastic/rubber parts.

Diluteable APC (all purpose cleaner) leave to dwell and use a detail brush to agitate heavily soiled areas, rinse off when done. Bilt-Hamber Surfex HD is a good one

Diluteable APC (all purpose cleaner) leave to dwell and use a detail brush to agitate heavily soiled areas, rinse off when done. Bilt-Hamber Surfex HD is a good one

It has a good write up but then they all do, may have to try this one. What's it like removing brake dust and indeed rubber marks from flying marbles ?

https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/products/citrus-wash--multi-purpose-cleaner/ad-citruswash5l

You're right there are a lot of products out there. I tend to tune into reveiws on Forensic Detailing Channel on YouTube to seek out what's what on there. Bilt-Hamber products are good but I'm committed to 5l of Autobright Direct APC which dilutes right down too 100:1, all depends on what level of cleaning is required

I used it today in a trigger spray on the lower half of the car as it was covered in road salt, just to give the snowfoam a bit more zap. I also use it to clean the alloys which are contaminated with brake dust and general road grime and they come up a treat, round the wheel arches and engine bay.

I normally lash some paraffin on the chain, and some Bilt-Hamber on the rest. give it all a good rub, then throw the snow foamer over her. Leave for 20 mins, rinse. Another snow foam, microfibre mitt, rinse. More Blit on the heavily soiled bits, rinse, dry. Show shine. Lube chain. Then proceed to drive through a big ass puddle and ruin my hard work.

Back