Aftermarket exhaust and fuelling

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audicdl

Reaction score
Evening all, I’m Just after opinions on fuelling options in the uk if I was was to fit a full system on my Gen 4? Has anyone swapped exhausts and decided not to bother with altering the fuelling, or is there a UK option available yet?
Also does removing the exhaust valve cause a fault light? Thoughts appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

People, especially over the big pond, say the S1000RR will run just fine without proper tune by resetting the adaptation values, but I'd always get a tune to prevent the bike from running lean. Removing the valve won't throw a fault light, but removing the servo will.

Okay, thanks for the reply. I have to say I’d like to make it a little noisier but worry about warranty implications, either with an aftermarket tune or not!
Cheers
Chris

At present,as far as I am aware,there is no pcv/rapid bike etc.to correct the fuelling.I have'nt dyno'd mine yet but it appears to run fine.
You will need to remove the servo and fit a servo eliminator.Akrapovic supply a kit to rebuild the valve but it looks a pita to me,so servo eliminator is the best option.

Bren seem to be a bit marmite, some people (mainly yanks) rate them, whereas over here not so much.

I had a Brentune handheld for my 2012,I then had it custom dyno mapped via email.I still maintain that was the best bike I ever had!
I have been looking at their stage 1 but,as the bike will be on holiday,I will wait for more info or the arrival of their stage 2.

Those Brentune dyno results look mightily impressive, but I’m guessing the baseline is an American bike with the crater-sized hole in the mid range rather than what we’re riding.

Thanks for opinions, I’d be really interested to find out how you go on Mr Godfather.
Chris

Back