Just saying Hi, new member

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zak

Reaction score
Just wanted to say quick hello. New member here. Currently have a 2012 R1 but looking to buy a 2015-16 SK1RR soon (if the insurance allows it!).
Is there a "bikes for sale" section? Thought it best to try forums as generally they have "enthusiast" owners who tend to look after their bikes / want to sell to other like minded owners.
Thanks
Zak, Purley

Yes, there is a bikes for sale section.

I have just sold my 2015.

There is also a parts for sale section, I have some parts for sale on there.

Good luck with finding a new bike, there are plenty available at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you - i tried viewing the "bikes for sale" section but it says there are no posts there??

Do i need to be a Premier Member to see listings or something?

Thank you - i tried viewing the "bikes for sale" section but it says there are no posts there??

Do i need to be a Premier Member to see listings or something?

Welcome to the forum Zak!

I have just authorised your account, so you will now be able to view the sales sections.

There are loads of benefits to Premier Membership and the support is appreciated. If you’re interested please follow the attached link for full information [emoji846]

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily and what have been some of your favourite experiences onboard your R1?

Oh and a 16 Gen 3 RR will make you very happy indeed [emoji41]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

- Oli

Last edited:
Thanks very much!

I have been riding for about 5 years now.

Started off with a RR03 CBR600RR

Then moved onto a 2009 Yamaha R1

Now I have the 2012 Yamaha R1 for about past 2 years.

I do mostly road riding but after covering a lot of the South East regularly I did my first European trip (to the Alps) last year. I was hooked - roads out there are amazing - clear (lot less traffic), very high quality (no potholes / high grip tarmac etc), and less speed cameras (although Northern France is boring and filled with cameras).

Highlight has to be this summer I rode my bike around the Nurburgring... and survived! Its mental out there - i have done a few trackdays here in uk but its nothing like the Ring where you have all sorts of bikes & cars of various age / condition / and ability(!) going around together - I can see now why its easy for things to go wrong out there!!!

As mentioned, I have done a few trackdays here in uk (brands, silverstone, snetterton, donnington etc) but i normally hire a bike for the day (as I dont want to bin mine!)

Thanks for authorising my account - will have a look about. :)

Hows it going Zak... good posts mate and great to see that you've crammed a good bit of riding into just a handful of years..

Lots of good chat and solid advice on here....as Oli says premier membership is well worth the few quid charge, the members section has loads of discounts etc and you can d/l the service manual...

Cheers

S

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back