Genius charger killed my battery

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cre0108

Reaction score
Have a 2018 s1000rr and after my charger is on for a day or so it seems to trip out and stoo cycling. Normally I just un plug and reconnect to start charging. Unfortunately i forgot and although charger was connected it had tripped out and stopped charging. This together with bike alarm and tracker killed the battery and was completely flat. I had to pay for a new battery and my dealership told me i need to have a special charger for the bmw due to canbus system. Anyone had similar problems or a cheaper solution than buying a new charger ? My charger is only a year old too and lithium capable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Battery is under warranty shouldn't matter if it was on or off charge. Only if they can prove the charger killed it can they complain.

Apparently its not covered by warranty!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Batteries from Halfords have a warranty...BMW is not an exception.

I think you're talking to the wrong person

- Alex

Have you tried charging it again?
Mine came back on the recovery truck showing about 6-8v but charged it for 2 days on optimate and good as gold (got new one on ebay for £37 anyway, tayna batteries next day delivery)

Back