Alpha data logging dash, unlock kit problems?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_m

Reaction score
Has anyone unlocked the ECU and data yet?
What problems have you come across?
The laptop interface looks tidy but having a few errors etc.

is it much different to the RCK3,as in more parameters to change etc?

Oh it's awful. You have to manually input the tyre circumference. But for 1 rear there are about 40 measures to put in.
The screen display is amazing, but it's a 5k kit at the moment.
The stock bike will end up costing circa the ducati v4 money. There was a big decision on which bike to use, but went for BMW because everyone would need to learn ducati mechanical, electrical and the rider would have to learn a whole new bike style.

Oh it's awful. You have to manually input the tyre circumference. But for 1 rear there are about 40 measures to put in.
The screen display is amazing, but it's a 5k kit at the moment.
The stock bike will end up costing circa the ducati v4 money. There was a big decision on which bike to use, but went for BMW because everyone would need to learn ducati mechanical, electrical and the rider would have to learn a whole new bike style.

so why have they changed from the RCK3 set up? i found t/c much better using the rck tyre measurements,but all you need is the radius once you've worked it out (as you'll know obviously) so is easy enough.i do like having the rck set up,jut not sure i'd pay the 2k or so it costs to unlock it all+interface,was all on bike wheni got it,which was nice ;)

There is nothing we have found yet that we can use from gen 3. It's all new unfortunately.

Even the rear set mounting location worries me. That radial mount hole seems like it could be torn out in a naughty crash rendering the frame a write off.
But, the geometry and the motor are next level amazing kit. Those split throttle bodies make power mid range live I've never seen before.

Just booked the M Package training in Germany.. £££££££ :culpability:

saw some stuff from crowey about it,looks to be very informative,guessing it's for race teams/engineers only though...

Back