2020 New Bikes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MV Agusta Rush 1000

205bhp with road legal system

MV-Agusta-Rush.jpg

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...november/mv-agusta-rush-1000-2020-new-concept

very nice and ok for pottering about but no wind protection at all means its not a ride fast all day bike.

Exactly my thoughts on the protection... but great fun on twisties.. that said... cost of this v a Superduke or equivalent.. but it does look pretty.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

After visiting the NEC yesterday the award for "sticking cheap black plastic wings on as an after thought " goes to the duke v4 and v4s. Truly awful. Really not in dukes normal style.
And after seeing and sitting on the new fireblade I'm feeling quite smug with my Gen 4.

Had a good day at the NEC, haven't been for 3 years and was very impressed with some British design, particularly the CCM and Norton ranges. Agreed with previous comments on the Hockenheim silver S1000RR, looks terrible, I think I'd be putting some money budgies way for a Bathams rep paintjob - Rutter's bike looked stunning.
Elsewhere the new Fireblade disappointed with a riding position similar to a ZX10R, hands by my knees and my head somewhere over the front wheel, might be OK on track or if you're a midget but useless if your 6ft tall on the road. Wasn't as blown a way by the V4 streetfighter's as I thought I'd be, can't put my finger on quite why but left me a bit cold, unlike the Powerpart equipped blue & orange Superduke R which I couldn't take my eyes off - the missus suggested we should probably get one, who am I to argue.. :)

Interesting my Blade riding mate has one on order and he's 5'7ish and only rides it on track.

Sounds ideal!

- Alex

And after seeing and sitting on the new fireblade I'm feeling quite smug with my Gen 4.

similar to my thoughts. the blade felt like sitting on a plank. arse, tank and bars all felt the same height but thats how ive found the last couple of blades too. you sit on top and not in it feeling. nice overall quality but thats just honda.

Just to add my 2p....went and dribbled over the BMW stand...and also my mate being an Ex triumph rider we graced that stand with our presence also....
We strolled over to the Honda....stood in front of the standard blade in black....and gasped at the crap welding....80s switch gear and air fix kit bolted onto the side...
I said for 20k I'd rather buy a Gen 4....and have some change for a Honda monkey bike.... A couple of guys over heard me and it became very apparent that they were Ducati fans. Needless to say the dick swinging didn't last long as I just said...hate ducatis....my mate chipped in with they need a service interval every 1000 miles.. i just added recovery service more like....lol well we both thought it was funny.
Have been to NEC last 3 years running and I think we shall give it a miss next year....was a bit repetative and i think looking around all the same stands our legs were knackered as we seemed to do a lot more walking.... Good value for money mind

We went to the show on Friday, I did really enjoy the show and was pleased we changed from a weekend day to the Friday as we were able to see everything, sit on all the bikes and talk to everyone we wanted to.

I got a nice deal on a new pair of boots (AlpineStars Supertech R) I also ordered Gilles Rearsets at a show only price for my M Sport, which is due to arrive in December, I am told.

Performance Parts called me this morning to tell me the rearsets will be here tomorrow.

I sat on the BMW again, just to reassure myself and also on the new Fireblade, I agree with OP that the riding position does not feel good, I think it's overpriced, the Honda man was very interested in my thoughts and I think we may see some movement on that price as others were saying the same.

I also thought the BMW electric concept bike looked amazing, not sure I will ever buy an electric bike, but it looked great.

Overall a great show and I came away happy.

@mibridger

I was just looking at Supertech R's on Sportbikeshop with a discount code for black friday they were £335. Is this competitive with show prices? If the show is cheaper I'll wait for the mcn @ Excel in Feb

- Alex

@mibridger

I was just looking at Supertech R's on Sportbikeshop with a discount code for black friday they were £335. Is this competitive with show prices? If the show is cheaper I'll wait for the mcn @ Excel in Feb

- Alex
Where did you get a discount code?

Currently on website all prices at £335.....tbh I couldn't see any prices when walking around at the NEC....Im sat in the same boat....new leathers boots gloves and I'm saving £450.....but its just before Xmas... wife will kill me before I've even got the bike! lol

Emailed to me, i believe its single use 1 person

- Alex

Yeah I received one too, 20% off everything but you lose the 0% finance option (if you need it), got to be used by Thursday

Back