Gen 4 Insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDPDesign

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Weighing up pro's and Con's of a gen4 at the moment. Called Bemoto and they want an extra £450+ for the rest of the year, (about 6 months left) they said that the Gen 4 M-Sport is carrying a hefty premium as parts are rare and a lot have been damaged...

What sort of premiums are you guys seeing and are you having any issues insuring? I've plenty of no claims etc... and 46 yrs so shouldn't be £800 per annum surely? I know it's a 20k bike, but my pal on a new R1M pays about £250 all in!

TIA

Weighing up pro's and Con's of a gen4 at the moment. Called Bemoto and they want an extra £450+ for the rest of the year, (about 6 months left) they said that the Gen 4 M-Sport is carrying a hefty premium as parts are rare and a lot have been damaged...

What sort of premiums are you guys seeing and are you having any issues insuring? I've plenty of no claims etc... and 46 yrs so shouldn't be £800 per annum surely? I know it's a 20k bike, but my pal on a new R1M pays about £250 all in!

TIA

I paid £400 for my M with Bennets. Quote from Go Skippy was £100 cheaper, I needed to talk to them cos at the time I didn’t have the reg number but I couldn’t get through to them so had to ditch that line.

Thanks guys for the mention of Bemoto.

I’m keeping my KTM 1290 AdvS, so needed to try and get a company that would mirror the NCB.
Having had a few hours of growingly more anxious calls with the usual companies (incl. my existing company who wanted £1,200 more!), I was starting to think the RR M Sport is uninsurable.
Given this was Friday night and I was picking the bike up on Saturday, panic was starting to set in.

Thankfully, I remembered you guys had talked insurance and found a mention to BeMoto.

Although still bloody expensive, I managed to secure a deal at £700 - £500 less than Motorcyle Direct, who insure my KTM!

Again, thanks for the help - I’m very grateful!

Picked up the bike yesterday and I’m now very happy!

Hmm, I'm about £250 all in with my current RR. My bike is due Week 3 and so you guys have got me a bit worried now. If it's £400 above as RammyRR has mentioned, then I can live with that. I only renewed my current policy in November 2019 so have a good 11 months left on it. Will see how much extra they charge, I've maximum no claims bonus and never made a claim so fingers crossed.

I run 3 bikes on 3 seperate policies.
I had 10 years no claims for this insurance quote.
I included extras that will be fitted this week, Akro end can, carbon hugger, screen, crash bungs and other bits n bobs on the M Sport,£328 fully comp with protected no claims. My Ducati panigale v4 with full Akrapovic and upmap, similar extras was £180 fully comp protected no claims. My Ducati cost more to buy than the BMW.

I included extras that will be fitted this week, Akro end can, carbon hugger, screen, crash bungs and other bits n bobs on the M Sport,£328 fully comp with protected no claims. My Ducati panigale v4 with full Akrapovic and upmap, similar extras was £180 fully comp protected no claims. My Ducati cost more to buy than the BMW.

aye but you are 104 yrs old ffs, lol

Wow - £180 for a moded V4 Duke, that is cheap. Who was that with if you dont mind me asking - mine is due.

I called Bemoto this morning to cancel my Tuono V4 Factory off my policy and had to query the pricing as they were only refunding me £50 odd quid.

3 bikes on a multi policy - Tuono V4 Factory £120, Yamaha R1 £84 and the Gen 4 Beemer is £480!

That’s just nuts for the Beemer. Apparently when I insured the Beemer in June mines was the first that they’d insured and had to speak with the underwriters first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find insurance a big joke at the best of times, the inconsistencies with quotes from different companies with the same circumstances is unreal at times, this is across mostly cars but bikes too.

They’re all con artists. It’s just finding one that won’t rip you off as much as the others

I called Bemoto this morning to cancel my Tuono V4 Factory off my policy and had to query the pricing as they were only refunding me £50 odd quid.

3 bikes on a multi policy - Tuono V4 Factory £120, Yamaha R1 £84 and the Gen 4 Beemer is £480!

That’s just nuts for the Beemer. Apparently when I insured the Beemer in June mines was the first that they’d insured and had to speak with the underwriters first.

Bemoto told me 20K value for a bike was a threshold for them (probably the same for most companies) So if the list price for the Gen 4 M is £19700 you don't have to add many extras to be over 20K. I'm adding my extras to the policy now on renewal - but my bike is 5 months old so will have lost the VAT in value at least so will be less than 20K.

Mines was valued at less than £20k with them and I still feel I got nailed on it. My 1299S was worth more and I paid a lot less the previous year to insure it

Brand new bikes are the heaviest premium.

You're all bitching about nothing, try insuring in C. London then you'll know what a real premium is like.

- Alex

Brand new bikes are the heaviest premium.

You're all bitching about nothing, try insuring in C. London then you'll know what a real premium is like.

- Alex

Good point there - some of us are living in the sticks as it were, so much reduced premiums compared to those that don’t.

It costs me £90p/m for a 2017 with a few mods in an underground bunker...I don't even ride on the road. :face_palm:

I probably should have changed the policy but I didn't know what I would be doing with her.

I appreciate the cost of insurance has rocketed for all in recent years, but so has the list price of the bike. Many get written off for very little which is hammering the insurers and forcing us to pay through the nose.

Last edited:

A 59year old work colleague from Scotland with 20 years no claim bonus was paying £1200 for his Ducati V4S last year when it was New!!

£180 for a Ducati V4 is unbelievable!!

A 59year old work colleague from Scotland with 20 years no claim bonus was paying £1200 for his Ducati V4S last year when it was New!!

£180 for a Ducati V4 is unbelievable!!

I’ve got a Honda CRF250RE for mucking about on - all my NCB was deployed on the Beemer so I thought the 70 quid I’d paid to insure it for the year was f@ckin great until I read the above. Now realise I’ve been royally had!

Back