Replacement Aftermarket Road Fairings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradoc

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I’m after a complete street fairing with a long belly pan to hide the cats,ive been in touch with MOTOXP,they said they willnt be making them for s1000rr 2019 till 2021,i would like the fairings already painted in smiths colours, im hoping one of you guys can help

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m after a complete street fairing with a long belly pan to hide the cats,ive been in touch with MOTOXP,they said they willnt be making them for s1000rr 2019 till 2021,i would like the fairings already painted in smiths colours, im hoping one of you guys can help

The cat gets extremely hot for full belly pan

yeah motoxp said 2021,the reason i want to leave the cats on, is cos my dealer said i would have to sign a disclaimer and the warranty would be limited and that was for a Acro s/s full system, which they would fit,i did see ilimburger does a carbon long belly pan,but is a tad on the dear side

yeah motoxp said 2021,the reason i want to leave the cats on, is cos my dealer said i would have to sign a disclaimer and the warranty would be limited and that was for a Acro s/s full system, which they would fit,i did see ilimburger does a carbon long belly pan,but is a tad on the dear side

I dont believe that is the case about warranty. Who is your dealer?

now im confused I was told I would have sign a disclaimer etc,and also they knew nothing about the code for the ecu,it seems to me it all depends what dealer you go to and who you speak to, I spoke to the parts guys

Yeah it’s BS. You don’t have to sign anything as it won’t, per default, void your warranty. If your engine blows and they can PROVE that it was a direct result of fitting the Akra then they won’t pay, but if your engine blows and they cannot prove that it was the Akra then the warranty will pay.

in regards to the ECU; there is a map for full systems available. It’s from BMWAG and dealers have access to it n

BMW Park Lane quoted 2.5k to unlock Gen3 ECU to me.

They are the worst dealership out of there.

That's unlock - this is something else. Also I was meaning they would have the last word on the rules of the warranty.

Last edited:
We have a contact to get this done, and it's removable of it ever needed to go back for a major reason. No warranty void..

Thanks guys ill give park lane a bell and see what they have to say on both the fitting of a full akra s/s system and the unlock code and let you know what they say about the warranty/disclaimer

ive just rung park lane, they confirmed that your warranty would be void or restricted,i ask how restricted they said get in touch with bmw uk and ask, I also asked do you tell your customers that,if you or they fit a after market ex that there warranty would be void or restricted,no answer, ive had 2 s1000 before and never had this problem,im not a happy bunny,all I wanted to do was to make the bike sound and look better with a after market ex and a long belly pan

Back