Workshop 2020

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Re: Winter Workshop

Yea I noticed the other day you can buy the additional tool solving both issues... well worth the dough as it looks a robust piece of gear..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yea I noticed the other day you can buy the additional tool solving both issues... well worth the dough as it looks a robust piece of gear..

I didn't know about it until yesterday. If I need to do a soft link i'll buy it. The only thing the Whale was a bit fiddly with is pressing the plate.I used the cheapo tool to press plate then Whale on the hard link.

Chain

I generally only use DID chains and have a KM500R chain cutter/riveter which does the job.

Re: Chain

I generally only use DID chains and have a KM500R chain cutter/riveter which does the job.

I stick to DID chain for that very reason plus you can find details of how much the soft rivit links should be flared.

Getting fed up now...thats over 2 months waiting on this repair plug..

The female end leading to the Sensor isn't to be replaced but I can clearly see lots of corrosion on the pin in that housing, the male multiplug requires to be replaced which appears to be hardwired to the loom hence the repair plug option... I have attached images of the RHS no sign of corrosion on either end...

Question is would you be happy accepting the Male end being replaced or insist on both ?
a6b1eb52efdcab327b522f5d949b6e03.jpg
a0d3a86bdcf3d375fc6c38d38a41bcf6.jpg
515229726efd71ae2fb58dca948b760f.jpg
53c20eca262f57a369b5a3a7b2b272f1.jpg
6098fa3d711a0883d5ddb2c2735203e5.jpg

The repair plug is 5th down

Last edited:

Yup, thats what the repair plugs for...however it's under warranty... think I should insist on the lamda sensor being replaced also ? It does state dealer repair only as that male end is straight into the harness.

Last edited:

sorry didnt know it was under warranty, yep just ask them to replace. i meant cut the plug out completely and solder/shrink wrap connection.

Last edited:

Cool I knew what you meant, I guess thats what the dealer will do... I'm not really happy with that female end tho...

Heres the repair plug.

5548c2f1dfe093a0570555883e8d3dc0.jpg

Thought I'd added that image in 2 posts ago... was losing it with tapatalk at that point [emoji2959][emoji2959].

This of course is the pissy wee connecter that I've been waiting on since October. !

Last edited:

Not one call since they told me they were having to order the part at the outset.....crap innit ? So guessing it's still not in...

I called and ordered an indicator two weeks ago and enquired at that time.....still nought, anyhow your right about the season that's why I'm not jumping up n down.... yet ! I'll bell them today..

Install my Dymag CA5 wheels
All liquids to be changed
Service of rear suspension link (lubed,checked)
Rear suspension to be changed
Front suspension to be serviced
Suspension potentiometers to be serviced

Belled em today... THE BIT IS IN !..... I asked when it arrived as no one had told the guy that was waiting on it.. (Me).. ooer just before xmas... yeah right ! Lol...

I glued my 2 halfs of my sv650 together. On with barrels and heads. And dropped a bolt into it. No amount of shaking would make it accessible.

Pulled it all apart and found it. Put it back together and found one of the selector shafts next to me.

Soo again apart. At that point it was abit rushing. Got it together but wasnt happy. Slept, raced the pitbike, drank wine, slept and went at it with a fresh head. Brake cleaned everything, got toyota fipg sealer. And got it done right. Many lessons learned

Ours was sabotage ! quick story.. me 16 first year apprentice, mechanic I worked under was a meticulous type of guy, attention to detail and proper explanations were his thing, a real gem..

This VW I vaguely recall we done new shells and maybe an overbore, pistons, rings, owner ran it dry likely... anyhow got it all built up ready to be hoisted in for next morning...

Gordon hand cranked it with no plugs in as a final check, wouldn't go beyond a certain point !.. totally baffled as it's a simple engine, we both knew there was something not right.. figured out there was a blockage and whipped off RHS head and someone had slipped a skinny wee bolt down the bore and replaced the plug...the garage was really big, probably 10 mechs and 3 apprentices, no one ever owned up to it...the garage owners set the place on fire that year for insurance money and were all made redundant... lol...

Last edited:
Back