Workshop 2020

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a frame.... pure HRC in looks and feel. Pretty much everything is salvagable with a blasting cabinet (walnuts). Have you tried Harpic Max10 on the headers. It?ll bring them up as new in seconds.... Edit: Just read your post and see you?ve tried Harpic. A bit of steel wool or green abrasive would get the rest off.

Check your stator \output as my mate had the same problem and it turned out to be stator failure.... after months of pain. J

Last edited:
Carbon side panels arrived today from a company in Germany, found them completely by accident whilst browsing.

The Matt finish and weave suit the colour scheme nicely as the bellypan is similar in colour.. gloss wouldnt have looked so good..
900b19833a71c83cae59a679717a3139.jpg
f38b17714ddb0a5d3b710e0c99b66a91.jpg
8778ecc5b9624d2b89804cc0503a25fe.jpg
10c6f2711a06ac2e42b7507843bb1f60.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Lol.. talk about HUGE.. it's massive...theres got to be something that helps keeps that beast of an engine together, it's just the rest of it you worry about and keeping the front wheel on the road..

Looks oe and subtle that carbon Stuart
It does mate, it looks as though it clashes with that hugger but it works fine when it's all together, the OE side panels are an off grey colour and I didnt want a heavy weave.

The OEs all spiderweb at that mounting hole on the tank, it's a common fault..... direct from Cradely they are ?136 ea.. these were ?140 ish for the pair delivered. They do a nice range of Glossy with an attractive weave for the RRs btw..

EDIT: Just checked ?223.24p... I've been looking for a used set for weeks... never seen any for sale and mine like the rest of this feckin bike are fecked..

Last edited:
So heres where I'm at.. panels are in the paint shop, just the rear shock now and thats me... going to cost me at least ?400.00 to service from Penske inc new top ride height ring, the one on the unit looks to have been adjusted a million times by someone using a blunt screwdriver IE the holes are all elongated !.. I'm thinking whipping it off and replacing.

I'm ?400 toward a new unit if I don't get it service..AND the bottom eye I noticed tonight is cracked !... looks as though it's been clobbered.. Nitron seem reasonably priced.. any recs or advice welcome... we got any deals anywhere ?

Cheers

Last edited:
Got a deal on a Nitron NTR2..2-3 weeks lead time on it, never seen the point of the remote pre-load..

My spark nipped in today and stuck up an additional two 7200 lumens strip lights, look superb and crystal clear, their all parallel so no shading down the sides of my bike when I'm working on it

Last edited:
Pit Bikes are amazing fun right out of the box, a pair of slicks and a good go-Kart track the only thing that's going to catch it is another Pit Bike

Are you going to use it on track only? Is it worth getting track fairings?
I might consider it BBB, but for now I'll leave the road trim intact and use it regularly on the road (well as much as we're allowed this year).. I'll try and get into the Track side of things, if it works out well I probably will.

Lovely bike to ride, loads of character.... best of all the ZX10?s for road use.
Ryte Jamie, you took the words out my mouth, I hopped on it today (don't all shout and bawl about the NHS).. remember I hadn't ridden this thing on the road whatsoever, so after doing all the work I thought it was the right thing to do, everything worked well just a couple of minor adjustments needed.

I did remember how light, nimble and quick they are, 1 and 2 are insane if you crack it open...should have gone 111 on the chain, that extra link helps a lot in the lower gears, however I had completely forgotten how quickly they turn in!.. out the box they must have been scary as hell as they never came with a steering damper hence their nickname..

Must admit when it was time for home I wanted to stay out in it as it was becoming more enjoyable by the second.. big smile on my face as I parked up.

One thing I will need to get is a gear indicator as the dash is shite.. I picked a long straight on the way home, overtook one car tucked in and opened up, I miscounted and thought I was in 6th...(eye roll)

Really pleased I bought it... anyone what to buy a boring HP4 :) (Going Cheap) lol

Last edited:
The following ZX10 generations were just a watered down version of the first gen. Similar to the ?97 TL1000S. The first version grabbed the headlines but in experienced hands it was a gem. :eek:nthego::eek:nthego:

Heal tech GiPro Gear Indicator?

Last edited:
Back