Workshop 2020

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Winter Workshop

That’s what vans are for. I wouldn’t be without my old van. Been trying to convince the wife I need another old van but she’s not having an old van sitting on the drive she said...snob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like my mates wee van... he's had it for years.. I don't think he's even washed it...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I love my raft of a van. Been lost last couple of weeks since the test ran out. Got a modern car to use on the drive, but it's the van that I use most of the time

Rebuilding mine slowly over the last few months, scary finding out how much small items like screws/nuts/fittings can soon add up from the dealer. :eek:

That’s what vans are for. I wouldn’t be without my old van. Been trying to convince the wife I need another old van but she’s not having an old van sitting on the drive she said...snob

Ffs last thing you need is a van !

This conquest Carbon stuffs nicely finished..Weave is pretty close to my OE body panels... opted for the shorter of the two covers.. mainly because they never had the long one in stock and I'm massively impatient ...
f1e17b8e4ee20be582649b884f1be71b.jpg

I've only ever replaced hard link chains, bought one of these cheap chain riveters for 13 quid...theres millions of them on EB.. so this new RK Chain has a soft hollow joining link pins What goes where when I want to rivet the pins..
e5b6fabd52f595a8668368c1218681e2.jpg
4c1357e0130c7c653c4ca32701e1f035.jpg

That cheap set was pretty poor, the handle and riveter bent...

Thankfully had Rob Carson's... worked pretty good.....rivets look fine and measured within parameters...
3e2aed902b2810ad878a6a81dd0a4608.jpg
05654f2acd3514a150736ef5e4c90f18.jpg
82c2b739e4c3cb4d9c282efa447fa84e.jpg
49b3460c692a49cbb405ea641d89ace0.jpg

Glad it helped mate.

I’m going to invest in a Whale kit next time my chain needs doing I think.

Thanks Stuart. That one looks better quality than the one you bought. The ball bearing riveter is a better idea than the thin bendy pin.

Rob, the Whale riveter is a good bit of kit but, only does hard (solid) links, it won't work with the soft (hollow) links like Stuart's.

Winter Workshop

Thanks Stuart. That one looks better quality than the one you bought. The ball bearing riveter is a better idea than the thin bendy pin.

Rob, the Whale riveter is a good bit of kit but, only does hard (solid) links, it won't work with the soft (hollow) links like Stuart's.

Ah right, I never knew that mate. Thanks

Better just sticking with the one I have

Back