Workshop 2020

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Winter Workshop

Lol... that's minging, you'll be glad you did... fuel starvation rapidly heading your way... you replacing or cleaning?

I'd wash out and hose out the tank too

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Winter Workshop

so far this season, new tyres, front pads, fork oil, (new chain and sprox - to fit and oil and filter) - sargent comfort saddle - just run in.

I actually done loads on the sv last 2 days

Pulled the ohlins rear and sent for servicing

Replaced 2 seals on left side. One was weeping under power. Donno which so replaced both.

Pulled off my very bendy chinky rearsets for ses

Changed front fork fluid for no5 ohlins and add half a turn on the emulators.

Refitted the damper. Change of fairings means I have space and i don't like the headshakes without.

Added a remote adjuster for my rcs19

Rerouted clutch line to a straighter route. For Easyer pull.

Putting on silicone hoses made a double bend on the right side bigger. Makes it hoor to bleed coolant.
Got some samco and went straight and got a blow off bottle with holes to hand off it.

Untill more tack arrives.......

(Pulled off my very bendy chinky rearsets for ses)..... lol..

I rerouted my clutch cable this morning too.. It's now fouling the lines off the Brenbo M/C, I'll need to fashion a guide to suit...a set of hoses for this ZX is 260 quid... theres about 8 of them !

Last edited:
Lordy that's dear, over abs or what?

Ah seriously tho arashi brand looks class but any impact it looks like someone took a kango hammer to them.

Things seems to be arriving alright just tad later than youd expect

I got carbon covers for tank where they generally hit. Just small glue on section.

Got it sorted, used a plastic C clip I had spare and another on the inside "wing".. seems to be fine lock to lock.
ede246cdf3da5c7bc933137d6d1f3830.jpg
4916fc9831b3ea94f16e0ce7852b3253.jpg

Just counted theres 9 on this lol 250 quid

2b00dbdaaa2387b09ecf61c4d69494e1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I completely misunderstood. You were on about brakes and I saw lines so I thought braided.

Ya iv 5 in total and 2 are only really bends.

No bother, btw my fuel filters sound, that's quite tough material it's made from, kind of thinking the pattern replacement I ordered might not be as good quality.. probably just drop it back in if it's not.. I'm guessing yours will be fine too.

What I done was clean the surface stuff off.

Get a jug with half a litre of petrol and keep giggling it. Came out looking fresh enough. Fueling went rich af after

That filter arrived today...looked virtually identical with the exception of the plastic support being on the outside, dimensions were identical H/L and W. Like Corks mine could easily have been reinstalled after a good shake in fresh fuel but for 17 quid !, had to very carefully take a smidgeon off the inside edge of the female end with a file as it was really tight, eased it on with a minuscule amount of rubber grease and reassembled..possibly designed for the life of the bike as they are quite a robust part tho they look fragile..
785740f8666aba78a198207dcf2160ac.jpg
7711dbd0ed19c1923f3eb296acb11165.jpg
c8ec908c1ce6995c911909d18a3be80e.jpg
464481f8bca3a7fd3fc0a634cfb95777.jpg

Last edited:
received_709226753234831~2.jpeg

Finally making some progress with the sp1. Just scrubbed 20 years of shit off the front cylinder and flushed out the cooling system. Now to let it dry outside, change all the fluid, plugs and filters. Lots of polishing round the engine and get it back together.

Ps, excuse the mess in the back ground. Been having a clear out and the skip is shut

Last edited:
Lovely bike. Still one of the best chassis riding feedback around. A proper RC Frame. The stiff fork and shock should be perfectly bedded in by now judging by riding my mates SP1. ?

Back