Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Workshop

Riding
    HP4 carbon 2013

Winter Workshop

Thought I'd start a thread about who's doing what over the winter.. when I get mine back from the dealer (I've updated the "Poor Running" thread)..

1. Chain and Sprockets
    2. Dress up all my spare body panels.
    3. Replace decals on carbon belly pan and clearcote.
    4. Pair of Tyres.
    5. Replacement indicator (smashed lens)
    5. General thorough clean whilst up on bench.
    5. 6k Service Feb 20.

Still considering track... can't get my head round it tbh and I the like roads too much..never mind no track choice without an equivalent Voyager Mission !...

S

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Riding
    Gen4 Tuono 899 R1

Re: Winter Workshop

I’m having a bit of a meltdown just now with bikes but here’s my general plan for the winter.

1. Tuono back from Spain and carry out some general maintenance and a service, then MOT. Tuono is going to be my main bike in the UK from now.
    2. Gen 4 is being shipped to Spain as we speak. I’m going to try it on track next week and decide what I’ll do with it. I’m pretty sure it’ll remain my road bike for Spain with the occasional trackday.
    3. Ducati 899 is being shipped back to the UK in the next couple of weeks. This is up for sale and will be replaced by either a Gen 3 or R1 track bike only. Depending what I get will determine how busy I’ll be over the winter but I’ve got Portimao booked in April.
    4. R1 - who knows - if I get a good offer on it then I’ll sell it. Failing that it’s a cover over the top until April’s mot.
    5. Off to look at a Kawasaki ZXR750 K1 on Saturday. I’m not sure what this will end up like

I’m doing nothing except ride it if the weather permits.

Riding
    '15 msport +

ZZR's on sorn, possibly sell it as dont do the roads much at all. RF will be stripped, checked, serviced etc and cleaned, probably new colour scheme for next year. Looking to chop them in for the new BM if all the planets align, we shall see.....
    Speed doesnt kill, its how fast you stop.......

I need to get rid of some stuff so I dont need so much garage space plus sell bits to sort money out. We rent a second garage from a neighbor because of having too much bike gear and have had to move everything three times in the last six months which was a right nightmare. I need to fix and sell the Panigale R since I'd prefer to have another BMW in it's place. I've got shed loads of spares and other parts that go with that so it would be handy to free up the space in the garage as well. I really want to keep this GS loaner that I have been given since I'm having so much fun on it so selling the Ducati will help with that. Bahnstormer called yesterday to say the new RRs are arriving now and do I want to go ahead with it and give the GS back or not. I wasn't expecting to need to make the decision until March so waiting to hear back from them on that one.

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Monners View Post
    I need to get rid of some stuff so I dont need so much garage space plus sell bits to sort money out. We rent a second garage from a neighbor because of having too much bike gear and have had to move everything three times in the last six months which was a right nightmare. I need to fix and sell the Panigale R since I'd prefer to have another BMW in it's place. I've got shed loads of spares and other parts that go with that so it would be handy to free up the space in the garage as well. I really want to keep this GS loaner that I have been given since I'm having so much fun on it so selling the Ducati will help with that. Bahnstormer called yesterday to say the new RRs are arriving now and do I want to go ahead with it and give the GS back or not. I wasn't expecting to need to make the decision until March so waiting to hear back from them on that one.
    Pretty sure you were a bit reticent to take the GS originally...an amusing read with that in mind.

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER bmwbadboy's Avatar

@Monners are you getting M or Sport+Perf pack?

Riding
    Gen 4 2020 ordered

My winter starts when I allow the Mrs to turn the heating on...until then its jumpers at the ready.
    Gotta sell the MK3 golf turbo and make space in the garage for the Gen 4 arriving in March/April. Going to NEC in Nov to see Hockenheim silver in the flesh....but I think deep down I'll stay with the msport.
    Other garage plans are to get a new more automated secure garage door...insulate the man cave a little more and prep for March delivery....

Riding
    2010 Tri Colour

My winter will be the following

Strip bike down aka all fairings off and sent to paint shop for touch up's and relaquer the carbon and resticker the belly pan

New Carbon parts to Fit
    Side Stand,Front Subframe,Abs Tray
    Carbon rear subframe(Dependent on if the guy can do it)

Performance Parts
    Jet Prime Street/Race Switches
    Dominio Quick Action Throttle
    IRC Autorblipper
    Watson Indicators

Full service and detailed clean of the engine and surrounding areas

That should keep me busy

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Pretty sure you were a bit reticent to take the GS originally...an amusing read with that in mind.
    Yeah exactly that, I was open to it being good but didn't expect to like it so much. Its an 'enabler'; I can do stupid things like last weekend where on Friday evening I decided to ride to the Dolomites for the weekend, slept under the stars in the mountains and even came back via the Nurburgring and got three laps in on my Intergalactic Horse!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Monners; 17th October 2019 at 07:08 PM.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Monners For This Useful Post: