Evotech performance tail tidy might be illegal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but this you mention is something we all know.

Saw no disclaimer that their product is not for the road mean legal. So I bought assuming it is.
Will give them a call but it could well be they are selling something illegal.

If you know this, why are you so surprised by the fact that Evotech didn't declare it as 'not for road use' :)

Akrapovic make exhausts and they tell you which ones are road legal and which don’t. They sell even to USA and they state it there.
Rizoma does the same.
It is consumer information, simple as that.

We buy baring the risks and if we want it we get it regardless.

You imply that just because being UK there is no regard for norms and no good custom of informing the customer about what is being bought? Does that speak for the majority? Don’t think so. Just read above for instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akrapovic make exhausts and they tell you which ones are road legal and which don’t. They sell even to USA and they state it there.
Rizoma does the same.
It is consumer information, simple as that.

We buy baring the risks and if we want it we get it regardless.

You imply that just because being UK there is no regard for norms and no good custom of informing the customer about what is being bought? Does that speak for the majority? Don’t think so. Just read above for instance.

Akrapovic label their products as 'race use only' globally, even though it's factually incorrect in some countries, my Akra evolution has a shiny 'for race use only' on it, yet it's perfectly legal to run the system here. Personally, I think this is a matter of personal accountability or the lack thereof.

Akrapovic label their products as 'race use only' globally, even though it's factually incorrect in some countries, my Akra evolution has a shiny 'for race use only' on it, yet it's perfectly legal to run the system here. Personally, I think this is a matter of personal accountability or the lack thereof.

Agree to some extent.

Blimey - I’m just to have avoided all this controversy by fitting an R & G unit. Now for a nose round the Akra with my angle grinder 😂

Blimey - I’m just to have avoided all this controversy by fitting an R & G unit. Now for a nose round the Akra with my angle grinder 😂

Doh! Insert the word ‘glad’ to make a legible sentence 😏

Blimey - I’m just to have avoided all this controversy by fitting an R & G unit. Now for a nose round the Akra with my angle grinder [emoji23]

Can you post a picture on the profile? I asked them they said bolted up theirs is 108 degrees....

I know this whole thing is plain stupid, but as stupid as one would feel when a police gives you one and there is no way around it....

Can you post a picture on the profile? I asked them they said bolted up theirs is 108 degrees....

I know this whole thing is plain stupid, but as stupid as one would feel when a police gives you one and there is no way around it....

Yes I’ll post one as soon as I can figure out how to do it 🤔. It’s in my profile pic if that’s any good?

Thanks Rammy it certainly looks less tilted upwards compared to the Evotech. That would pass unnoticed.

Will either get that one or this one:

42aa1b6c7388a64cc13d402e32540573.jpg

Ilmberger Carbon arrived got mounted with not much hassle and quite happy with the result.
Plate is within rules basically at 30 degrees at least catches less attention on the tilt up when compared to Evotech.

Service far friendlier than Evotech. Yet I say of course Evotech Performance products are very good, well manufactured and full recommend them.

649a6f21bcd1d8f06743a3b2300a08ca.jpg
3456bdc206a347c0f8b2582cb700fb24.jpg

Back