Gen 4 Suspension

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean the expensive version of having a cable tie wrapped around the fork leg!

Cable tie only tells you its been there, not the duration. It could merely be a bup on track under heavy breaking. You could end up stiffning your suspension for a milliesecond of bottoming out.

Cable tie only tells you its been there, not the duration. It could merely be a bup on track under heavy breaking. You could end up stiffning your suspension for a milliesecond of bottoming out.

Which I think is what I've been doing.
I need to workout what bottom out is on the 2D pot sensor in AnnaLiza (and that probably needs me to position it per the manual (I think it's more of a guess atm))

Apologies if I’ve missed something but how much should I be looking to pay for a complete 2D front set up - to include mounts, pot sensor and local harness etc?

I’ve seen a number of potentiometers at various prices and the Alpha Racing item’s quite costly compared to some others - clearly I’d want to avoid buying a shite one!

So the pot cables straight into the BM’s loom? Alpha’s website says it’s for use with the race calibration kit but I believe it’ll give me separate compression and rebound adjustment with the stock software / hardware - or am I mistaken?

Cheers.

Fork Stroke Indicator

Very true, although it’s just a useful visual indicator if you don’t have the datalogging sensors fitted to record suspension travel. You clearly missed my poor attempt at keyboard humour though.

2D Potentiometer

So the pot cables straight into the BM’s loom? Alpha’s website says it’s for use with the race calibration kit but I believe it’ll give me separate compression and rebound adjustment with the stock software / hardware - or am I mistaken?

It plugs directly into the OEM wiring loom. Once fitted it separates front compression and rebound allowing you to adjust each variable individually.

2D Potentiometer

Just bear in mind that fitting one on the Gen 4 using the mounting kit may limit your ability to use the steering lock if there are clearance issues. This is fine for a track only bike but not particularly helpful for a road going RR if you need to use the steering lock.

2D Potentiometer

On the previous Gen 3 you fitted supplied steering lock stops along with the 2D potentiometer to protect it. Fitting potentiometers is normally just for datalogging purposes. It just so happens that the benefit of fitting one to DDC equipped RRs is it separates the compression and rebound stages of the front suspension. Plenty of people have fitted potentiometers to road going RRs but they are really designed to be used on track/race bikes where having the ability to still use the steering lock is not really a priority or required. You just have to be careful when pushing the bike around in the paddock, but with lock stops fitted you can’t use full lock anyway so there is little chance of damaging the sensor. Until I fit the kit I can’t confirm if there are any clearance issues on the Gen 4, but I suspect that there will be.

Yeah I get that ta. My steering is reduced one side anyway. Fitting clipons makes the clutch cable hit the dash. Tried several positions to get the best motion possible. Are there any lock stops around yet doya know ?

I bought some lock stops that clamp to the forks...allowing custom adjustment.

Jury is still out as the seem to move too easily.

- Alex

Back