Best source/forum for HP4 race ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikeracer1098

Reaction score
Been looking for various info on HP4 race, however so far it’s been limited.

Anyone know of best forum or site for general info and discussion on HP4 race?

Thanks

Last edited:
Been looking for various info on HP4 race, however so far it’s been limited.

Anyone know of best forum or site for general info and discussion on HP4 race?

Thanks
Hp4 is just gen3 with a bunch alpha racing add-ons, right ? What kind of general info are you after?

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Apart from sharing technical knowledge also interested in owners opinions including whether the HP4 Race is worth the extra expenditure over a well sorted Gen 4 S1000RR etc

It doesn't take too long on Google to find a few HP4Rs going for £49999... One of them even calls it an investment opportunity - which kinda bypasses the fact that the list price is £19k greater... 2 of the 3 i saw have 0 miles on the clock, so respect to the OP if he's planning to actually use it.

It doesn't take too long on Google to find a few HP4Rs going for £49999... One of them even calls it an investment opportunity - which kinda bypasses the fact that the list price is £19k greater... 2 of the 3 i saw have 0 miles on the clock, so respect to the OP if he's planning to actually use it.

The 2 bikes for £49,999 will not arrive in the UK until later on this month.

The other 2 available bikes are at Honda dealers for £55k

I bought the last available bike at a BMW dealer, however would have considered importing one if there was a substantial saving to be had.

There are a few across the pond for $55,600 + sales tax + shipping etc, which probably equates to nearly £48k + VAT + Duty

Last edited:
There was a guy riding on track I used to see regularly on euro events. He binned it on one event and damage was pretty bad, not seen it out there since. No help I know but he seemed to be going pretty good on it.

Thanks guys.

Apart from sharing technical knowledge also interested in owners opinions including whether the HP4 Race is worth the extra expenditure over a well sorted Gen 4 S1000RR etc

For me the short answer is no.

The HP4R is a great bike but it is the end of the gen3 bikes. The gen4 is a different bike and arguably as capable. Even if the HP4R is ‘better’ than a well sorted gen4, for trackdays does it really matter, its not a race with a prize, and as the rider are you going to get any noticeable benefit in your riding?

As an investment I do smile. People seem to think that rarity commands a premium, when it is excess demand that commands a premium. Demand is almost non existent because the HP4R is a very expensive track toy that you cant ride down to the cafe to see your mates on, so its appeal is limited. The carbon frame is the ‘halo’ aspect of the bike, but as carbon frames will become part of the general landscape in due course, as a bike it will appeal to affecionados maybe in years to come when nostalgia kicks in, but only as a showpiece. I wouldn’t be making the purchase decision with a view to making any kind if gains.

I would buy the gen4 and spend the money saved on something else. Then I wouldnt be worrying about a spill on a trackday and would probably be faster because of it.

Probably not what you want to hear but that is my humble opinion.

Last edited:
I think it was at Imola, last year, I was chatting to the guy and we talked about the engine refresh cycle, he said he only did 10 trackdays a year so it would be at least 2 years before it needed a refresh, then it was binned on the next session.

Not sure what happened, as I didn't have the heart to talk to him about it, but there was a lot of damage, I imagine the repair bill was horrendous as the subframe was gone and the frame was damaged.

I think it was at Imola, last year, I was chatting to the guy and we talked about the engine refresh cycle, he said he only did 10 trackdays a year so it would be at least 2 years before it needed a refresh, then it was binned on the next session.

Not sure what happened, as I didn't have the heart to talk to him about it, but there was a lot of damage, I imagine the repair bill was horrendous as the subframe was gone and the frame was damaged.

Poor guy must have been besides himself, feel gutted for him.

That was it ! I did the Italian job last year and did mugello after.
I didn't even have the heart to inspect the damaged bike when it was out the back.

Download the RCK PRo software and have a look at the help files there. A lot of info on the datalogging and ECU setup.
The HP4 Race is unlike any other bike and cannot be compared to a road bike. Way more capable than a Gen 4 or V4R and anyone who says different doesnt have one or hasn't ridden one.
You can (and I have) build a race bike with the best of components but you cannot guarentee that the parts will work in harmony with each other. The HP4 Race has been engineered from the ground up and all the parts work together, its truelly remarkable how it all works. Total perfection. Regarding it being an investment.....I doubt it very much.
Thats not to say you will go any faster on it though as often the limit is the bod on the bike, not the bike itself. As it is in my case.

Download the RCK PRo software and have a look at the help files there. A lot of info on the datalogging and ECU setup.
The HP4 Race is unlike any other bike and cannot be compared to a road bike. Way more capable than a Gen 4 or V4R and anyone who says different doesnt have one or hasn't ridden one.
You can (and I have) build a race bike with the best of components but you cannot guarentee that the parts will work in harmony with each other. The HP4 Race has been engineered from the ground up and all the parts work together, its truelly remarkable how it all works. Total perfection. Regarding it being an investment.....I doubt it very much.
Thats not to say you will go any faster on it though as often the limit is the bod on the bike, not the bike itself. As it is in my case.

Thanks

Back