Gen 3 Riders Seat Dimensions

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieMac

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

If anyone's near their Gen 3, could you possibly measure the riders seat i.e the area you actually sit on.

My bike is at the other end of the country at the moment and I can't get to it for a while.

It doesn't need to be super accurate, it's just for ordering a gel insert.

Thanks, J

These measurements are only the flat (ish) part you sit on - not including the swage at the sides that curve down to the base plate:-
Length (front to back) 31cm
width (front) 11cm
width (back) 24cm

It gradually flares out from the front section to the back section.

@JamieMac
What is your plan with the seat? And could i do the same with a gen 4 seat? Do you have someone doing the work? Asking for a friend with a bony arse.
Cheers.

OW, I'm adding gel and a nice seat cover. Very easy to do. The only thing that makes life easier is an electric stapler. If you are using the same cover, you'd remove the staples around most of the cover so you just have one side left stapled and fold out of the way. you'd lay the gel cut to size or purchased to size and using a marker draw around the gel. Then cut the foam away. A lot of the time the foam isn't bonded to the base so it's easy. Then insert the gel, pull the cover over and restaple. I've got a new cover which they all have extra material so I cutting the gel to shape of the flat bit of the seat. I call it the 'platform'. Then i'm laying that on top of the exsting seat, so not removing any of the std. Foam. I'll make the seat 15mm taller, but it's worth it. I don't find mt Gen3 seat tht bad, but I know it can be better. J

have you looked at getting in there with the stapler? i was looking to do it on gen 1 seat but couldn't work out how you would get a normal staple gun in to a lot of the places. maybe need some sort of "professional" kit?

have you looked at getting in there with the stapler? i was looking to do it on gen 1 seat but couldn't work out how you would get a normal staple gun in to a lot of the places. maybe need some sort of "professional" kit?

I use a stanley electric stapler. J

stanley.jpg

looks nice. not sure what gen 3 is like, but mine has some longditudanal stiffening which makes getting at the staples down the sides quite difficult for something that size (i've only got a basic staple gun). might be worth a look?

My bikes away at the moment so can’t look but I’m sure where there’s a will there’s a way. 😉 ps if you do get an electric stapler. Mind your fingers, they’re like a nail gun builders use. 👍

Last edited:
Back