Back to the “S1000”

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ampj8

Reaction score
Hi there,

After some bikes here and there a R and a XR now finally into the RR.
Main reason is to enjoy the race tracks I’ve started to visit in the last years, spend less energy as I had a naked bike, improve riding. Then the best one is also great for road rides such as some I do often, plus it has lots of tech, carbon wheels and a decent price in comparison.

Happy as I put order in August and it came a week earlier than expected means I have it just now!

Thanks and glad to learn from this forum of wisdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new M-Sport!

What were your favourite experiences onboard the R and XR?

Where are you based? Fingers crossed the weather is decent so you can get those run-in miles out the way ASAP [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have happy miles ahead of you onboard your new steed [emoji4]

- Oli

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new M-Sport!

What were your favourite experiences onboard the R and XR?

Where are you based? Fingers crossed the weather is decent so you can get those run-in miles out the way ASAP [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have happy miles ahead of you onboard your new steed [emoji4]

- Oli

Thanks for the welcome Olí.

The R I used mostly for roads long trip in Black Forest, Swiss and Austrian Alps, the sound was nice specially as it was a euro 3 and I put a BOS exhaust which allowed it to cry loud when needed. Enjoyed customizing it though i think I made it too “touring” which led into the XR. I think that for the platform the XR is a better road expression than the R is. Enjoyed it more and hooliganed it more in comparison with the R, then I had the wind protection and position. Also some long tours and roads.

These days have been rainy had a chance to do the first roll out (I brought it in a van to home straight from the dealer), but missed the moment. Now I wait to take it closeby to the Black Forest. Based in Switzerland Basel area.

I ran the RR demo on the roads many times and twice on the race track, so the beast is now familiar to me. I will take care of this one and race it nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back