Just placed deposit on HP4 Race

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ultimate track weapon.... quietly and being non educated in this area I've had thoughts Daytime MOTing one of these monsters...

I lifted this from a website...

Daytime MOTs: Your Questions Answered
What are the criteria?
To qualify for a daytime MOT your bike must “have neither front nor rear position lamps, or have such lamps permanently disconnected, painted over or masked.” This applies to headlamps, position lamps and indicators. The situation with stop lamps is significantly more complicated. Machines do not need to have a stop lamp fitted if they cannot exceed 25mph, were first used before 1st January 1936 or were first used before 1st April 1986 and do not exceed 50cc. Those first used before 1st April 1986 must have a stop lamp that operates from at least one brake control and those used on or after that date must have a stop lamp operated from both brakes. There is an added if not widespread complication for bikes first used from 1st April 1986 which were approved with a stop lamp activated by one control. There were very few of these and test inspectors are instructed to fail a bike only if they are certain the stop lamp was designed to be operated by both brake controls and isn’t.
Your bike must be fitted with a rear reflector and an “audible warning device”, typically an electrical horn, which must be loud enough to be heard by another road user.

So reflector, horn and brakelights... piss easy.. but something tells me this is fantasy land... ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Baron was going to road legalise his, but clearly gave up.

I think @roadrunner will know what you need to do to get one on the road I assume type approval needed not just an mot...

- Alex

Yea kind of thought that... but what fun !.... I mean just awesome unleashing that on some the roads up here... money talks.. it isn't 7.30 yet ££££££ Euro Millions I'm away to buy a ticket ..

Pledge...

If I win the jackpot I'll buy all the Mods and a few others on here an HP4 Race... there you go !

32b60c648987b1c5a393ae9dec3f06b0.jpg

Last edited:
I was told by my dealer when the HP4R was launched that there isn’t even a V5 produced for it, so getting one on the road would (I guess) require quite a bit of expense and DoT/Vosa type approval. Insurance was also flagged as an issue as no V5 present. Things may have changed since then?

I used to ride my track bike on the road just by sticking the tail light, number plate back on. All be it a new bike that didn't need an MOT. I never had a problem though I didn't really enjoy not having mirrors.

I was told by my dealer when the HP4R was launched that there isn’t even a V5 produced for it, so getting one on the road would (I guess) require quite a bit of expense and DoT/Vosa type approval. Insurance was also flagged as an issue as no V5 present. Things may have changed since then?
Drew a blank last night lads sorry..... was expecting a call from Camelot telling me to nip down and pick up my cheque, the fuckers never belled me !........ so I bought 2 ticks for tonights draw [emoji965][emoji965][emoji965][emoji965][emoji965][emoji965][emoji965][emoji965][emoji965][emoji965] HP4 Races...

Soof... don't despair... this is a fact .. if you have enough money, you can call Hyundai Heavy Industries and have an oil tanker delivered to your front door in 3 months.... IF you had enough money....

So getting an HP4 Race sorted for the road must fall into that same IF category... the problem is...getting the money lol

I’ve created a HP4 Race Facebook page with photos & various video footage

https://m.facebook.com/BMW-HP4-Race-104971914267862/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Last edited:
Back