Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just placed deposit on HP4 Race

Re: Just placed deposit on HP4 Race

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeracer1098 View Post
    Mega excited as I’ve just placed a deposit on a new HP4 Race.

All unsold bikes are being returned to Germany and this one was the last one available at a UK dealer.

Anyone else own one or ridden one?
    Is that the one in Vines Guildford?

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Bikeracer1098's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamieMac View Post
    Is that the one in Vines Guildford?
    Yes and should hopefully be collecting soon.

Simon mention it was just sold after I rode the Gen4. I guessed it was bought by someone on the forum. I’m so, so jealous. Proper built bike with quality parts and you’ll make money. Utterly beautiful. The closest I’ll get is my HP4 race Chinese bodywork. 😉 I wanted the GB crash protectors to match the HP4 race that were up on eBay for £57 on Sunday. I signed in to bid them on them a few minutes before and got distracted.... missed the bid! Story of my life. Simon’s a great guy and very honest as sales isn’t his background. You’ll love the bike even if it’s just to sit and look at over winter. So, so jealous. J

Your forum name mentions 1098. Did you have one in a previous life? I’ve still got one. A 1098RS engine in a trick 1098s chassis. Similar to the HP4 Race. J

Your forum name mentions 1098. Did you have one in a previous life? I’ve still got one. A 1098RS engine in a trick 1098s chassis. Similar to the HP4 Race. J
    Yes back in 2008/09 had a 1098R which was blueprinted and rebuild with RS components including high lift cams, gearbox, pistol high compression pistons etc

Simon mention it was just sold after I rode the Gen4. I guessed it was bought by someone on the forum. I’m so, so jealous. Proper built bike with quality parts and you’ll make money. Utterly beautiful. The closest I’ll get is my HP4 race Chinese bodywork. ������ I wanted the GB crash protectors to match the HP4 race that were up on eBay for £57 on Sunday. I signed in to bid them on them a few minutes before and got distracted.... missed the bid! Story of my life. Simon’s a great guy and very honest as sales isn’t his background. You’ll love the bike even if it’s just to sit and look at over winter. So, so jealous. J
    Yes Simon is a great guy, been pondering for weeks whether to go for the HP4 Race instead of a new S1000RR motorsport. Also a Ducati V4R will full Akro system was also in the mix.

Not sure yet whether I’ve made the right decision ... lol

I actually enjoy riding my 1098RS more than the BMW, than my fairly trick Gen3 but you have to be in the mood. The Gen3 is great for making me look fast!

I actually enjoy riding my 1098RS more than the BMW, than my fairly trick Gen3 but you have to be in the mood. The Gen3 is great for making me look fast!
    Apart from my Desmosedici, the 1098R was probably one of my favourite bikes to ride.

How did you get the Desmosedici quiet enough to do a trackday. My mate had loads of issues with noise. J
    Last edited by JamieMac; 10th October 2019 at 11:15 AM.

How did you get the Desmosedici quiet enough to do a trackday. My mate had loads of issues with noise. J
    Did loads of trackdays at Brands, Silverstone & Donnington on it without any issues, with the race exhaust fitted.

However that was back in 2009-2012