Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just placed deposit on HP4 Race

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Bikeracer1098's Avatar

Just placed deposit on HP4 Race

Mega excited as I’ve just placed a deposit on a new HP4 Race.

All unsold bikes are being returned to Germany and this one was the last one available at a UK dealer.

Anyone else own one or ridden one?

Re: Just placed deposit on HP4 Race

Congratulations.

No not many people will have ridden or owned one, hence why there is stock being returned. Are you planning to track it or have it as a trophy? I could never get my head around why anyone would want to put money into one considering the engine rebuild cost/schedule and limited run parts making it a very expensive beast to own. But I am sure you must have a plan?

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Congrats, I don't think there is a finer track bike. Hope you give it a good thrashing.

- Alex

Thanks guys.

Really excited.

Really not sure at the moment whether to keep it unused as an investment or use it regularly on track.

Previously had a Ducati Desmosedici from new which was regularly used on track until I blew the engine, luckily Ducati replaced the engine under warranty at a cost of £40k

Be interesting to see how it compares to the DESMO.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bikeracer1098 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by soofsayer View Post
    Congratulations.

No not many people will have ridden or owned one, hence why there is stock being returned. Are you planning to track it or have it as a trophy? I could never get my head around why anyone would want to put money into one considering the engine rebuild cost/schedule and limited run parts making it a very expensive beast to own. But I am sure you must have a plan?
    Thanks, as mentioned above not really sure at the moment. Just had an opportunity to acquire one prior to it being returned to Germany.

A number of bikes have been bought by business owners, which thankfully due to tax & VAT savings make these more affordable. As you said for a normal Joe off the street the £68k initial purchase price and running cost could make these bikes eye watering to own.

Still, the BIK is pretty heavy whatever you end up paying on it if you put it through on the books. I think you will find the HP4 much easier to ride straight out of the box than the duc (just from reading, not that I have ridden either). Keep us posted.

I'd love to try one, they look incredible. Congratulations

Ref the engine service intervals; this is much the same as a race bike anyhow so not as bad as it sounds when put into that context. Most Superstock engines will get rebuilt at the end of every season or more frequently.

can get 1 for 50 k nowmy mate has 2 to sell(if not already sold),bargain really

ref,the engine,pretty sure they are same spec as the 6.2,which has 4k service intervals,so unless your doing a lot of t/days,gives couple of yrs in theory between refresh

oh and compared to the desmo,the bm looks unfinished,the finish on the desmo's are something else with all the little touches,riding however will be night and day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scooby For This Useful Post:

It is an amazing bike. It looks and feels really nice. Yes they cost a lot but if someone can afford it is really fun, as a rider told me in Misano trackday