Just placed deposit on HP4 Race

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikeracer1098

Reaction score
Mega excited as I’ve just placed a deposit on a new HP4 Race.

All unsold bikes are being returned to Germany and this one was the last one available at a UK dealer.

Anyone else own one or ridden one?

Congratulations.

No not many people will have ridden or owned one, hence why there is stock being returned. Are you planning to track it or have it as a trophy? I could never get my head around why anyone would want to put money into one considering the engine rebuild cost/schedule and limited run parts making it a very expensive beast to own. But I am sure you must have a plan?

Congrats, I don't think there is a finer track bike. Hope you give it a good thrashing.

- Alex

Thanks guys.

Really excited.

Really not sure at the moment whether to keep it unused as an investment or use it regularly on track.

Previously had a Ducati Desmosedici from new which was regularly used on track until I blew the engine, luckily Ducati replaced the engine under warranty at a cost of £40k

Be interesting to see how it compares to the DESMO.

Congratulations.

No not many people will have ridden or owned one, hence why there is stock being returned. Are you planning to track it or have it as a trophy? I could never get my head around why anyone would want to put money into one considering the engine rebuild cost/schedule and limited run parts making it a very expensive beast to own. But I am sure you must have a plan?

Thanks, as mentioned above not really sure at the moment. Just had an opportunity to acquire one prior to it being returned to Germany.

A number of bikes have been bought by business owners, which thankfully due to tax & VAT savings make these more affordable. As you said for a normal Joe off the street the £68k initial purchase price and running cost could make these bikes eye watering to own.

Still, the BIK is pretty heavy whatever you end up paying on it if you put it through on the books. I think you will find the HP4 much easier to ride straight out of the box than the duc (just from reading, not that I have ridden either). Keep us posted.

I'd love to try one, they look incredible. Congratulations :)

Ref the engine service intervals; this is much the same as a race bike anyhow so not as bad as it sounds when put into that context. Most Superstock engines will get rebuilt at the end of every season or more frequently.

can get 1 for 50 k nowmy mate has 2 to sell(if not already sold),bargain really :)

ref,the engine,pretty sure they are same spec as the 6.2,which has 4k service intervals,so unless your doing a lot of t/days,gives couple of yrs in theory between refresh

oh and compared to the desmo,the bm looks unfinished,the finish on the desmo's are something else with all the little touches,riding however will be night and day.

It is an amazing bike. It looks and feels really nice. Yes they cost a lot but if someone can afford it is really fun, as a rider told me in Misano trackday:encouragement:

Simon mention it was just sold after I rode the Gen4. I guessed it was bought by someone on the forum. I’m so, so jealous. Proper built bike with quality parts and you’ll make money. Utterly beautiful. The closest I’ll get is my HP4 race Chinese bodywork. 😉 I wanted the GB crash protectors to match the HP4 race that were up on eBay for £57 on Sunday. I signed in to bid them on them a few minutes before and got distracted.... missed the bid! Story of my life. Simon’s a great guy and very honest as sales isn’t his background. You’ll love the bike even if it’s just to sit and look at over winter. So, so jealous. J

Your forum name mentions 1098. Did you have one in a previous life? I’ve still got one. A 1098RS engine in a trick 1098s chassis. Similar to the HP4 Race. J

Your forum name mentions 1098. Did you have one in a previous life? I’ve still got one. A 1098RS engine in a trick 1098s chassis. Similar to the HP4 Race. J

Yes back in 2008/09 had a 1098R which was blueprinted and rebuild with RS components including high lift cams, gearbox, pistol high compression pistons etc

Simon mention it was just sold after I rode the Gen4. I guessed it was bought by someone on the forum. I’m so, so jealous. Proper built bike with quality parts and you’ll make money. Utterly beautiful. The closest I’ll get is my HP4 race Chinese bodywork. ������ I wanted the GB crash protectors to match the HP4 race that were up on eBay for £57 on Sunday. I signed in to bid them on them a few minutes before and got distracted.... missed the bid! Story of my life. Simon’s a great guy and very honest as sales isn’t his background. You’ll love the bike even if it’s just to sit and look at over winter. So, so jealous. J

Yes Simon is a great guy, been pondering for weeks whether to go for the HP4 Race instead of a new S1000RR motorsport. Also a Ducati V4R will full Akro system was also in the mix.

Not sure yet whether I’ve made the right decision ... lol

I actually enjoy riding my 1098RS more than the BMW, than my fairly trick Gen3 but you have to be in the mood. The Gen3 is great for making me look fast! ;)

I actually enjoy riding my 1098RS more than the BMW, than my fairly trick Gen3 but you have to be in the mood. The Gen3 is great for making me look fast! ;)

Apart from my Desmosedici, the 1098R was probably one of my favourite bikes to ride.

How did you get the Desmosedici quiet enough to do a trackday. My mate had loads of issues with noise. J

Last edited:
How did you get the Desmosedici quiet enough to do a trackday. My mate had loads of issues with noise. J

Did loads of trackdays at Brands, Silverstone & Donnington on it without any issues, with the race exhaust fitted.

However that was back in 2009-2012

Back