Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling fan

Re: Cooling fan

no,pretty pointless tbh on track.

*slight edit*

they aren't pointless,actually quite usefull if your waiting around to go out,but for me worth my set up,theres no room for the fan as also runs a top secondry oil cooler

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER bmwbadboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    no,pretty pointless tbh on track.

*slight edit*

they aren't pointless,actually quite usefull if your waiting around to go out,but for me worth my set up,theres no room for the fan as also runs a top secondry oil cooler
    What's secondary oil cooler?

ok,it's not actually a secondry,theres still only 1,it's just a larger oil cooler positioned behind the rad at the top as the water rad is larger,taking up the space of the o/e oil cooler, the engine is the 6.2 motorad spec,it has a deeper oil pan so holds more oil (amlost 5l in total) so guess it needs the extra help.

I had a manual switch fitted to my zx6r but it was a bit of mess as it was a non latching switch, so had to keep a finger on it, and the kawa runs at least 15deg cooler than the beamer. I wont worry about the hot air blowing through the sides, it more the frame that gets so hot it scorches my legs. And anyways why so it run so hot when its a road bike

Quote Originally Posted by vro551 View Post
    I had a manual switch fitted to my zx6r but it was a bit of mess as it was a non latching switch, so had to keep a finger on it,
    without wishing to state the obvious,why not just use a toggle switch?

theres no cure to your issue though really,your complaining about something (imo at least) is anon issue,theres an internal combustion chamber,4 in fact,sat between your legs,it's gonna get hot!!

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Carbon frame covers may *feel* cooler.

- Alex

Riding
    2010 acid green S1000rr

heat can be a problem, mine got up to 111degrees the other day and the generator burnt out shortly afterwards, not hot enough for the warning light to come on. I've checked the function of the light and the fan with the gs911 and both seem ok. bikes had new coolant and oil and i've reversed flushed the rad fins. it's got a full system and pcv which might warm things up a bit but cruising at 60 - 80 it reads less than 80 degrees I think 74-79. but as soon as you get in traffic it's getting up to 100 (no fan) - it's more of an issue on hols when ampiant temp is +30 degrees. it's never boiled over or needed coolant added - untl this year not been a problem but it doesn't seem to help the generator (although it might be coincidence)

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER bananaman's Avatar
    Riding
    Gen4 msport

Only had mine boil once, racing at Donny and it was hot, end of race the exit was end of straight just before redgate. So 15laps flat chat (for me) over the line, then 2/300metrs before tickover back to the garage so no surprise really. Standard setup......
    Speed doesnt kill, its how fast you stop.......