24k Service with Rattle

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Bikes in for the 24k service and noticed a rattle 2 weeks ago. I mentioned it when i booked it only to be called that is the headers rattle... they changed that 2 years ago under warranty and the same issue... :-(

guess what, i did not take out extended warrant this time.... bitten be in the butt, so will be looking out for full system I guess

My 18k service reported that the headers needed replacing with the same problem. No warranty either. I think they quoted around £1200 to replace them, and that was after parting with £1100 for the service! So that was not happening. I asked them if there was any drop in performance but they said no. I asked them if there was any problem with running but no to that too. I then asked what the worst outcome of just leaving it was and they couldn’t think of any problem apart from a rattle. So I left it alone and it’s still fine 2k miles later. If it fails completely, I’ll just go the full system. But, i’m Sure there must be lots of second hand headers available on eBay as they are often replaced from new with a full system. You can probably pick up a set from a race team/tuners etc.

Back