18 RR fault code after update

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antonio_beqa

Reaction score
Hello we did ecu update from ista + after that it showes error with code D91422 , with GS911 it is in XEWS4 imomobilizer function but its writing like this

D91422 No Can message ( Vehicle speed from ABS )

Have you changed your wheels/tyres and damaged the wheel speed sensor front or back? The other possibility is you have the wrong spacers or have not put it on properly so the sensor is too far away from the ABS ring.

I did not changed anything in old version ecu there was not any fault code , when we updated ecu version to newer , it started to calibrate motorcycle we missed one part where it was asking as cm of wheel protectors or somthing like this mabe its problem ? Also if it abs problem why its comming on imobolizer and not in brakes on GS911 ?

you tried resetting it via the gs unit and seeing if still comes up?

I try to reset but it stills coming in can not even understand what problem code is it ? If its problem in abs then why it showes in immoboliser section ?

does it start?

maybe the key needs to re programmed after the ECU update?(that would give a EWS fault if key isn't coded properly) or if antenna isn't working properly

Motorcycle starts and not any warrning lights on cluster but with obs it see this error i dont know of its for key or imobiliser then why it writes speed from abs ?

I forget the details with the unit but have you selected the correct bike in the GS unit? It sounds like it's expecting to be able to see the ABS speed sensor on the CAN network but it isn't there hence the error. All the different sensors send a signal constantly on the CAN bus which are seen by the ECU or by the GS911 unit normally. If there's no warning light on the bike then it is probably all ok.

I am afraid mabe somthing wrong happend to ecu upload ? Or wrong versiun updated ? Anyway i want to try fix but i dont know how

Take it back to BMW? No one on here can affect a change for you.
It's a 3 year warranty for 2018+ bikes

Last edited:
Unfortunatly in my country there is not BMW centere, i bought this bike from USA , and i need help what can i do to solve this problem ?

what country?also who/how+why did you do the ECU update if no BMW centres?

tbh though,if it's not throwing any on dash faults,i wouldn't worry about it,especially if thats the only 1

I live in georgia , here is not bmw motorrad centre to do anything in dealer , we used bmw icom and ista + program for update and ulock miles to km . Abs and dtc is working no lights on cluster ,

If its abs or speed problem why its on immoboliser section error ? And also one more question , when switching ignition on and scaning the error is there , but if i will cleare fault codes and re scan motorcycle does not have any error but if i will switch off ignition and then again open it and scaning error is comming

Is there any website or program where is full list of fault codes ? To see what code is coming for what error

Back