M seat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys.
Just got my M last week ...yes the standard seat it well hard .any more info on this high / comfort seat .any ome else tried it ?

I found my arse / brain became accustomed to it after a couple of hundred miles so might be worth sticking with it for a bit longer?

I found my arse / brain became accustomed to it after a couple of hundred miles so might be worth sticking with it for a bit longer?

Yep, same for me. Was a bit tough at first but I don't find it so bad now. Also, if your bike is really new, the suspension might not have softened up yet and be making it worse.

Not sure if i'm the only person to do this, but on a really long ride, I wear those cycle shorts with the built in gel pads. I think it's a nice compromise since you don't always want spongy and soft (ie on track).

I am getting used to my m sport seat, and can do 100 miles at a time. I do walk like John Wayne when I get off it though!

ive now fit my M low seat so even less padding. your be surprised how used to it you get. i did 200 miles over a few hours last weekend with no issues at all.

Yeah, I'm on a low seat. It must have less padding, but I'm not finding it less comfortable than the regular M seat. Maybe it's the more dropped sides of the low seat shifting where the pressure points are? Anyway, for anyone wondering about the low seat and thinking it'll be a killer, it's no worse imho than standard.

I have whipped the m seat off and replaced with the standard seat off the sport, comfy couch compared to the m seat

Daz

Was thinking get a standard sport seat then cover with nice luimoto cover ..not multi colour tho just black with colour stitching

I got a Sport seat off eBay from a racing team in Germany (who would've got a standard bike and stripped it for prepping) for ?150. And switched my M-Sport seat out pronto. Best accessory evah!

I know you chaps with the hard or super hard options are just saying you get used to it, but why make life hard on yourselves? This is a ?20k bike with ?2k pa running costs. Make it your own and enjoy!

I got a Sport seat off eBay from a racing team in Germany (who would've got a standard bike and stripped it for prepping) for ?150. And switched my M-Sport seat out pronto. Best accessory evah!

I know you chaps with the hard or super hard options are just saying you get used to it, but why make life hard on yourselves? This is a ?20k bike with ?2k pa running costs. Make it your own and enjoy!

i was prepared to do this too but my low M seat is probably better than my old gen 3, think its all down to the seat shape. ive done a couple of hundred miles in a day now with absolutely no issues at all. :)

i was prepared to do this too but my low M seat is probably better than my old gen 3, think its all down to the seat shape. ive done a couple of hundred miles in a day now with absolutely no issues at all. :)
+1

I find the low seat pretty comfy. I can only put it down to it's narrower shape. It must distribute weight differently. I've done 200 mile days with no cycling shorts and been fine.

It's strange as you'd think a low seat mean less padding and therefore less comfort.

I?ve got a ?standard? sport seat, 0 miles that I?ll swap for the M if anyone is interested?

Ive just swapped my M seat for a sport seat .
Wow soooo much better . I ride around yorks and east coast and the M was ridiculously hard .

Too hard for road riding

i must just have a padded arse.lol. im on the 10mm lower low seat so even less padding and done over 500 miles this weekend and could easily do it again. :) over 4000 miles and not once thought about the seat comfort.

Last edited:
Only done 200miles on my Msport, don?t have any complaints about the seat however set the Bike in track mode and it threw me out of the seat 3 times along the dual carriageway on the way back from work .... lol

Back