Gen 4 Recalls

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped my bike off at the dealers today for the oil cooler replacement, front wheel sensor, switch gear and the right hand shark gill. They told me bmw won’t replace the shark gill under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dropped my bike off at the dealers today for the oil cooler replacement, front wheel sensor, switch gear and the right hand shark gill. They told me bmw won’t replace the shark gill under warranty

What's wrong with your front wheel sensor?

I hired a new S1000RR Sport in Almeria last week and I can confirm that neutral was impossible to find with the engine running, either hot or cold.
I hope mine will be different.
I tried adjusting the clutch lever as well.

why not replacing shark gill under warranty. they all break, even the one at the nec show was broken.lol

Seems that finally the oil coolers arrive.
On a side note my friend with his Panigale V4s told me he is getting 4 new recalls 2 of them urgent one coolers and other fuel system. And it’s a 2 year old bike eh?

why not replacing shark gill under warranty. they all break, even the one at the nec show was broken.lol

said I’ve caught it with my leg and it’s not a manufacturing fault. They’re 26€ to replace so not going to argue. I’m going to look for a carbon replacement. Any ideas?

said I’ve caught it with my leg and it’s not a manufacturing fault. They’re 26€ to replace so not going to argue. I’m going to look for a carbon replacement. Any ideas?
My dealer confirmed that the fin is def confirmed under warranty......i'd go back to your dealer.....

Carsons in Euros.... personally though if your spending 20k on a bike you don't expect body panels to break just because of the heat from the engine. I've mentioned in the past that EVERY gen 4 i have seen bar that grey one at the NEC has had a broken shark fin....

Whose your deal Carson?

Carsons in Euros.... personally though if your spending 20k on a bike you don't expect body panels to break just because of the heat from the engine. I've mentioned in the past that EVERY gen 4 i have seen bar that grey one at the NEC has had a broken shark fin....

Whose your deal Carson?

my bikes out in Spain so using a Spanish dealer. Pretty sure I’d get it replaced at East Kilbride if I mention it to them but for the sake of €26 I’ll let it go this time. I’ll keep the broken one and speak to EK in February when it’s back.

my bikes out in Spain so using a Spanish dealer. Pretty sure I’d get it replaced at East Kilbride if I mention it to them but for the sake of €26 I’ll let it go this time. I’ll keep the broken one and speak to EK in February when it’s back.
Where about in Spain? I might need a dealer near Jerez.

Seems that finally the oil coolers arrive.
On a side note my friend with his Panigale V4s told me he is getting 4 new recalls 2 of them urgent one coolers and other fuel system. And it’s a 2 year old bike eh?

Yes, same as cars, sometimes cars as old as 5-6 years old can get recalls if they see a pattern of consistent issues across the range.

Bikes still in the dealers waiting for the oil cooler that was ordered 6 weeks ago.

Apparently they used the oil cooler that was ordered on another bike! Been told that it’ll be ready tomorrow.

Bikes still in the dealers waiting for the oil cooler that was ordered 6 weeks ago.

Apparently they used the oil cooler that was ordered on another bike! Been told that it’ll be ready tomorrow.

Sorry mate... was just so sick of waiting ;) :D

Back