Gen 4 Recalls

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard you get no warning, immediate collapse....particularly under hard acceleration....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Either no ones noticed my wonderfully funny post or your all shitting yourselves ....

Lol

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I keep saying that the only reason we had delay on delivery is the carbon wheels.
They needed to find a supplier who could comply with the quality and safety they intended at BMW.

Now it is the real first time you get carbon wheels for a mass produced motorcycle when no other manufacturer has done. I mean real mass numbers.

And many are excited about the all carbon frame and not being able to accept the inherent risk of carbon wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spoken to the dealer and there's a recall for the oil cooler and software on my bike. Great, out on track with the potential for a cooler hose to burst

Care to explain why I only got my Sport last week, when I ordered it last November?

What I saw with my dealer into the bmw system is that some orders were pushed ahead for several months even after some orders that would be placed later on.

When I placed my order he already had two orders from June pushed to March 2020.
I don’t know how do bmw plan their orders it could be in relation to the package selected and options.
In that case I mention, I had scheduled production on week 40. It was delivered the same week.

Checking some parts like panels for instance, mine are from March and April 2019, the metzelers from week 11 2019. Provided they make engines in two hours each and store them and that the bike is made also in around 2 hours when all components are available. Just making numbers here

The fact that bikes are being delivered now irrespective of when the order was placed is down to the initial delays and time of year. Most people aren't taking there orders till March when the weather will improve and the new plates come out.
I was told I wouldn't get mine till March but hey presto I got it two weeks ago. I could have said no I'll wait but as I want to track it and got lots to do to it, I took it.

The fact that bikes are being delivered now irrespective of when the order was placed is down to the initial delays and time of year. Most people aren't taking there orders till March when the weather will improve and the new plates come out.
I was told I wouldn't get mine till March but hey presto I got it two weeks ago. I could have said no I'll wait but as I want to track it and got lots to do to it, I took it.

I wanted it regardless, and have about to first service. Will put some more as season is not over for me yet.

Dealer told me there is one recall for the oil cooler hoses but also there is an oil cooler on its way probably tomorrow arriving and then ready to be mounted on my bike.

To note that mine was built a month ago 23 September 2019.

Hope this helps.

How do BMW advise about recalls. I've not heard anything but wondered if it just gets done at a service without your knowledge. Unless it's a serious issue then I'm sure we'd be contacted.

Real recalls, letters should be sent to all the known owners.
Manufacturer internal advisories, done on service or request.

How do BMW advise about recalls. I've not heard anything but wondered if it just gets done at a service without your knowledge. Unless it's a serious issue then I'm sure we'd be contacted.

They do it via their BMW system to all owners they get lists of current recalls and each owner of a recalled bike has a letter describing the issue the work needed and parts needed also the amount of work.

Then the dealer can contact the person.

I just saw now this for the oil cooler and the report the bmw System prints out of it. There were other 3 RR’s all waiting for the new oil cooler.

I sign the page on acknowledgement.

ive just seen on US forum that BMW has stopped new delivery,s of the s1000rr,it didn't say what for though,is it the carbon wheels cracking or the oil cooler,its not a good omen,im seriously thinking of cancelling my order for the m sport

ive just seen on US forum that BMW has stopped new delivery,s of the s1000rr,it didn't say what for though,is it the carbon wheels cracking or the oil cooler,its not a good omen,im seriously thinking of cancelling my order for the m sport

I read the same.

No mention of the reason behind their decision.

As I understand,there are no bikes being released from dealers at the moment.They are awaiting modified parts for something(?)!
IMO,I believe it is the oil cooler issue,though there is no apparent problem with mine after 1200 miles,700 of those at high speed on track.
I picked up my bike from it's Spanish holiday yesterday,and having seen the posts on the US forum,I examined my wheels this morning.The result being,I now have a new rear wheel on order under warranty!!
All you guys out there waiting,please don't cancel as you will regret it.Us pioneers(guinea pigs)who have one will sort the issues!. It may not be perfect at the moment but it's still bloody brilliant.

As I understand,there are no bikes being released from dealers at the moment.They are awaiting modified parts for something(?)!
IMO,I believe it is the oil cooler issue,though there is no apparent problem with mine after 1200 miles,700 of those at high speed on track.
I picked up my bike from it's Spanish holiday yesterday,and having seen the posts on the US forum,I examined my wheels this morning.The result being,I now have a new rear wheel on order under warranty!!
All you guys out there waiting,please don't cancel as you will regret it.Us pioneers(guinea pigs)who have one will sort the issues!. It may not be perfect at the moment but it's still bloody brilliant.
For any of you with bikes on order . How about putting on hold delivery..payment until you see the new Fireblade! Rumours are all over the show on what the mighty Honda Corporation are about to release from underwhelming to a mighty v4 🤔. About time they rejoined the race.

bmw just needs to be honest about the problem with these carbon wheels,ive never worried about my wheels falling apart when riding,bmw should let you choose what wheels you want carbon or forged on the M SPORT,I WOULD GO FOR FORGED,HAS ANYONE SEEN THE NEW HONDA,or specs

Back