Gen 4 Recalls

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked my dealer about the oil cooler recall and they said ‘yep yours is one of them, but its safe to carry on riding until its next in the workshop’, i.e. dont worry about it.
I assume next in the workshop meant... tomorrow

- Alex

With mines being one of the first bikes supplied, I’m guessing I’m going to get some of these issues. Just hope it’s not while on track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread here.... BMW are replacing them without question. Doesn't bode well on long term ownership.

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/bmw-s1000rr-general-discussion/241544-carbon-wheels-cracking.html

Oh dear - not just an isolated case then. There has been lots of hear say about the wheels as a reason for the delays. There may well be some truth in it. If its "just" cosmetic would it be changed under warranty i.e. just cracks in the lacquer? I've not heard it be an issue with other manufacturers (BST, Rotobox etc)

Worst of all - I pick mine up tomorrow!

I'm glad I just paid the balloon payment for my Gen 3 last week rather than chop it in for a new one...….hopefully by the time I decide to change all these issues will be sorted out !

They haven't even got the excuse that they rushed bikes out to the market for all these numerous recalls really have they?

Just been out to check my wheels and cant see anything untowards apart from carbon goodness.

Soof, I actually think they did rush it out a year early as there were no other superbike releases this year and they wanted the most column inches, but it's back fired on them. Even the WSB team is struggling to get reliable power upgraded engines. It'll be sorted by the Gen 5. ;)

Yeah Jamie, the convo about it being a year early has been had on here before and I agreed then and agree with you now.

If my bike develops all these kind of issues it will be going back for a refund. Although I am going to wait and see what is fact before jumping to conclusions as the ‘net can be very misleading.

I love my M, but I’ve been dropping in on this recall thread and feeling an increasing level of dread. Need to speak to my dealer like you lot have done / are going to do.

Are the carbon wheels on the S1000RR motorsport the same as the ones fitted to the HP4 Race?

Yeah Jamie, the convo about it being a year early has been had on here before and I agreed then and agree with you now.

If my bike develops all these kind of issues it will be going back for a refund. Although I am going to wait and see what is fact before jumping to conclusions as the ‘net can be very misleading.

So of, I’ve only ridden Vines sport for the afternoon but I loved it. I’ll get one once my divorce is over. One of the best bikes I’ve ridden and I ridden and owned a lot of trick bikes. I even got to ride one of the Suzuka 8 hour RVF bikes brought over for the ‘91 TT for Carl and Steve. The Sport 2019 steering was just telepathic and that was with forged alloy wheels. It’ll all be sorted, I just worry about the long term life of the carbon wheels. I keep my bike forever.... J

Back