Gen 4 Recalls

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Booked mine in for its first service two weeks ago for the 9th November. Told mine was on the list to do but they wouldn't get the part.
That's what I've been told.

I am in no rush for the delimit service exactly because of this. I was told that parts are released when requested. I find it bizarre they wont arrange to have stock? Surely supply cant be so bad that they cant provide a few as stock to dealers for the few bikes out in the wild?

Excuse my ignorance and laziness, but I can't be bothered reading through the US forums. What kind of damage is being reported and what was damaged in your particular case, Baz?

I don't know much about others faults but my rear had small cracks in the v of the spokes where they meet the hub.I don't know how long they had been there,however I will definitely be keeping an eye on the new one.

I have to admit,the new one is finished better than the old one.I almost rejected the original for it's poor finish.

Dealer told me he had 4 new RR’s due this week however they stopped production due to the oil cooler recalls.

He don’t know when the coolers will come. He has to fit it on many including mine.

Let’s wait what the heck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d struggle to trust them on the track. One spill and you’d be worrying. How they handle 200+ bhp, let alone pot hole ridden Surrey roads is beyond me.

I’d struggle to trust them on the track. One spill and you’d be worrying. How they handle 200+ bhp, let alone pot hole ridden Surrey roads is beyond me.

Have you seen the new KtM Super Duke 1290 wheels? I was making myself the same question when I saw them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbon isn’t designed for that particular usage. Ie thin spokes. It’s crap in compression and then you’re just relying on the epoxy for the compression strength

PVM did an alloy version that’s very similar if you want that look but for the minimal weight saving, I’d prefer the heavy duty spokes the MotoGP bikes use. At least you now they’ll last. 👍

The thing that drives me nuts is the manufacturers use the existing specs to certify a completely different material. The JASO T203-85 standard is for aluminium wheels but hey lets use it to certify our new carbon wheels as well. 😡 Hey it worked for the Concorde fuel tank, Grenfell, carbon helicopter blades, Kielland Oil Platform, Comet and Freddie Spencer in Kyalami. 😉

Had a call today that the oil cooler recall has now been done on my bike. Took nearly 3 weeks from when they got the bike back to receiving and fitting the parts.

Last edited:
No bad Soof !, I'm still waiting on that part from Germany.. that must be 6 weeks now...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

My new oil cooler and new clutch will be fitted on Thursday. I’ll let you know if the new, redesigned clutch fixes the neutral issues.

Back