Gen 4 Recalls

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Booked mine in for the first service. I asked and mine is down for the oil cooler. Was told it more likely to edone next year.
Production bikes from October have been dealt with in production.

Booked mine in for the first service. I asked and mine is down for the oil cooler. Was told it more likely to edone next year.
Production bikes from October have been dealt with in production.

So you were not advised against riding it? Despite a recall for oil cooler and risk of oil loss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards the wheels.
Neevsey was handing his back yesterday. I asked him to check his wheels that had done 5 tyre changes, 9000miles, nurbergring etc etc.

He reported zero defects.

Regards the wheels.
Neevsey was handing his back yesterday. I asked him to check his wheels that had done 5 tyre changes, 9000miles, nurbergring etc etc.

He reported zero defects.

Lucky him,then!
At least my new wheel has arrived at Lind(rather quickly,I might add).

I received the oil cooler recall letter today but I may have to have it done in Spain,should I have a problem.

Lucky him,then!
At least my new wheel has arrived at Lind(rather quickly,I might add).

I received the oil cooler recall letter today but I may have to have it done in Spain,should I have a problem.
Excuse my ignorance and laziness, but I can't be bothered reading through the US forums. What kind of damage is being reported and what was damaged in your particular case, Baz?

Go booked into get my oil cooler done in Spain in December. There’s a few issues I want addressing.

The left hand switchgear is loose
The right hand shark fin had snapped
The front wheel sensor is way too close to the pick up ring
Needs a software update as well

Re the fin. Lots have broken it - seems very susceptible. The carbon replacement part from Ilmberger would seem like the best long term solution...not that this should happen on a 20k bike.

Sorry to be dim, my understanding of a shark fin is on the left to prevent hands/feet getting in between chain & sprocket.
Where is the right one located?

Sorry to be dim, my understanding of a shark fin is on the left to prevent hands/feet getting in between chain & sprocket.
Where is the right one located?

its the shark gill looking part on the front r/h fairing, probably not call a shark fin. :)

Last edited:
Guess I’ll need to add it to the list of parts to be replaced when (if) my gen 4 ever arrives, supposed to be here 11th November.

Guess I’ll need to add it to the list of parts to be replaced when (if) my gen 4 ever arrives, supposed to be here 11th November.

I don’t want to spoil it for you but production seems to have stopped because of the oil cooler issue. Might delay if not produced yet.

My dealer had 4 due this week and since bmw stopped he has none.

I don't think the delay is down to the oil cooler. BMW have been fixing that on the production line since beginning of October.
Unless they've run out of them. Possible as I've been told I won't likely get my recall done this year.

Can’t see that as I was at a dealer in Spain today and booked mines in to be down. Said the cooler is coming from Germany and it’ll be here in 10 days time

Booked mine in for its first service two weeks ago for the 9th November. Told mine was on the list to do but they wouldn't get the part.
That's what I've been told.

The switch gear loose, pull the grip back next to it and you should find a screw, add some threadlock/tighten.

- Alex

Back