Gen 4 Recalls

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish BMWs after sales were heaven...

No phone call from the dealer again today even after their promises. Called up only to be told that the oil cooler hadn’t came, neither has the shark fin panel for the RH side and they don’t know when either will be here. Madrid has ordered 100 shark fins!!

I decided to jump in the van and go and see them face to face. We decided that it’s best that the bike stays with them until I’m back in February. I’m away on the 29th December back to the UK so I won’t have time to ride it before then anyway and makes sense to leave it with them.
Also the shark fin is being replaced under warranty.

Would just be nice if they’d called and let me know what was going on when they said they would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought it was just the BMW car dealerships that were shite but they obviously teach it worldwide throughout the brand.

They want to take a leaf out of Jaguars book

Thought it was just the BMW car dealerships that were shite but they obviously teach it worldwide throughout the brand.

They want to take a leaf out of Jaguars book

**** me, a leaf out of jaguar’s book, stoop that low, jeez i hope not.

ah see, back tae EK wae Bill and Scott ye need fur some proper service!!!

Yeah too right. I’ll be popping into see them when they open after Christmas for some oil and filters for the Gen 3

Having the oil cooler done next Saturday. I've asked for the clutch mod as well but waiting on the authority for that.
Bit annoyed,, as they could have done it today as the bike was in having other work done. Got home and they rang to tell me they had one in. That now rights off another day and expence of ferry and fuel :hopelessness::mad:

Could be worse...could have a 2015 R1 Crank which they won't admit is buggered despite issuing a fix in a later model.

Finally getting today the famous oil cooler plus some other goodies!!

Tbf it sounds like they *quietly* fixed it. But you have to get one MADE after 2016 not just registered after.

- Alex

Clutch cable is cracked on my bike

IMG_20200110_175351.jpg

Trying to replace it under warranty

I’ve just had an email to say that’s my oil cooler been done.

I’ll pick it up in a few weeks when I’m back over in Spain and then it’ll be getting shipped back to the UK after the Jerez event with Pacedayz

Carsonr6. How did you get on with the loose switchgear ? mine is loose and ive noticed my cruise control is a bit temp at times so wondered if the two were linked

Back