No Pop

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj_sat69

Reaction score
Hi guys Firstly I am new to this forum as I got my first gen 1000rr a few days ago coming from a gsxr 600 k4.

The bike is great and has fulfilled all my expectations. My bike has a full akrapovic system including headers and I think it may have a bmc air filter, I can see some samco hoses which says to me the bike has had some good tlc in the past.
The bike also as the sick mode enabled.

My only issue is that it does not have the distinctive pop when you release the throttle, I an hear it abit but very slightly, i have been on another bike which had the same akra system and the pop was a lot louder, im not sure why mine don't do it.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

CJ

It don't look like it has a baffle in as I don't see no screw or anything to pull out, if the bike has had a remap would this effect the popping

Which mode are you in?
It is much more pronounced in Race and slick mode, or you can configure user mode to have the full engine response.

Also, the pops only happen when the engine temperature is over 60 degrees, but that should be on any ride as it would normally run around 75 - 80 degrees or up to 99 in traffic when the fans should come on.

It may have had the PAIR system removed, which would stop the pops/bangs.

Which mode are you in?
It is much more pronounced in Race and slick mode, or you can configure user mode to have the full engine response.

Also, the pops only happen when the engine temperature is over 60 degrees, but that should be on any ride as it would normally run around 75 - 80 degrees or up to 99 in traffic when the fans should come on.

It may have had the PAIR system removed, which would stop the pops/bangs.

Thanks for the info, I did a bit of digging and ill have a look tonight to see if he PAIR system is still there. Ill see what happens on my way home with slick mode on. Call me childish but Its one of the main reasons that attracted me to the bike LOL

So had a look at the exhaust properly and there's a hole for a screw/bolt on the left hand side but nothing in it so I'm assuming there's no baffel in and also I can see all the way down it.

I lifted the petrol tank and could see a few houses connected to the air box which went downwards. I dont think anythings been messed about with. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

If I was to remove the slick mode chip would this take the bike back to stock map?

Really annoying as I couldnt find no solution, as the bikes 2nd hand I'm not sure what's been done to it exactly.

Is there anyone who could have a look at it perhaps? I'm based in romford essex

Hmm, thing is I test rode a gen 2 and it was popping alot, and all it had was a akra system

So this morning riding to work in race mode I could hear it abit but not as loud, if I was to change the akra to say a Austin racing end can would it make it louder?

Also can you change the end can if you have a full akra system?

Thanks for all the info guys

Hi, I find that if I change exhaust cans or reset adaptations it takes 50-75 miles for the distinctive popping sound to come back. Has it had a change or reset recently? J

Hi, I find that if I change exhaust cans or reset adaptations it takes 50-75 miles for the distinctive popping sound to come back. Has it had a change or reset recently? J

Hi sorry, what do you mean by reset adaptations?

CJ, with the GS-911 you can reset parameters the your ECU has learnt (it's always learning), whenever you change anything to do with the intake i.e. fuelling or exhaust, or engine internals, gearbox ratios, throttle throw etc. The bike is always analysing components. If you've done a ECU flash with a change of exhaust and air filter it's always best to reset the engine adaptations. Hope this makes sense. J

CJ, with the GS-911 you can reset parameters the your ECU has learnt (it's always learning), whenever you change anything to do with the intake i.e. fuelling or exhaust, or engine internals, gearbox ratios, throttle throw etc. The bike is always analysing components. If you've done a ECU flash with a change of exhaust and air filter it's always best to reset the engine adaptations. Hope this makes sense. J

Ahh ok I see, well im not sure if this has been done because ive not owned the bike long, I think im going to try a shorter end can and see what happens. I will ty and find someone with a gs-911 tool to se if they can reset this for me

Thanks

Latest posts

Back