Hello World

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1924

Reaction score
Hi,
just posting my welcome message. New to the forum. On my 4th S1000RR. 2010, 2012, 2015, 2019. Also have a RnineT Scrambler.
Looking forward to seeing the conversations.
Cheers...

Hi duffster, welcome to the forum. How you finding the new bike compared to the previous gens?

Hi. My first RR was the original 2010. Was on an 08 Fireblade before that and thought the RR was groundbreaking. Each one have had has got better and better. The 2019 is a completely different bike and mindblowing. Had a few issues with it already though. Engine Fault (fixed by changing throttle bodies) and now a Clutch problem. Can't find neutral. Dealer is working on it but suspects a dry clutch. The pickaway on the clutch is aweful though so I'm hoping that will improve also. All in all I'm glad I have it and I'm sure they'll sort out the teething troubles.

Do you mean clutch bite? Mine was really poor and I stalled it a few times when I first got the bike. Then had the brainwave to put a couple of clicks on the lever to bite earlier and found it much better since duh!

Yeah I find the bite inconsistent. I've tried a few settings on the level but the best way around it is to over rev a little. Just sounds bad. My dealer has stripped down their demo RR clutch and found it to be dry. BMW have said they are working on replacement parts so we'll see what happens. Not being able to find neutral is really annoying.

There is a fix for the consistent neutral issues that the dealer can do, fitting a washer to decrease oil supply, there is a thread on here about it.

Last edited:
Ahhh I now realise you had the one painted black - we spotted it on the interweb before you picked it up. Nice to have a unique one :)

Yup...that's me...posted a few pics in my album...local Motorrad chaps did a great job :excitement: They call it Option 226

Last edited:
Back