New 2019 S1000RR Owner & Member

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark3482

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to this game, but thought I’d give it a go after taking delivery of my brand new 2019 S1000RR.

My first question is, does anyone know what the best sounding slip on end can will be? Choices are Akrapovik, SC Projects or Austin Racing. Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Mark and congratulations on your new Gen 4 RR!
What model have you gone for?

I would expect SC or Austin to be the loudest of the stated slip-ons. Generally speaking, slip-ons offer a more significant aesthetic change than tonal change.

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily and what is your riding history?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you, onboard your amazing new steed [emoji41]

- Oli

Hi mark. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike. I have an Akrapovic slipon on mine and it sounds ok, I would expect AR and/or SC sound better.

Hi All,

New to this game, but thought I’d give it a go after taking delivery of my brand new 2019 S1000RR.

My first question is, does anyone know what the best sounding slip on end can will be? Choices are Akrapovik, SC Projects or Austin Racing. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the replies. I went for the Sport version as I prefer the colour and apart from the wheels, paint and lighter battery, it’s the same.

Thanks for the replies. I went for the Sport version as I prefer the colour and apart from the wheels, paint and lighter battery, it’s the same.

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. I've the Project SC Conic, 103db static without the baffle, it's lush!
Enjoy your new bike [emoji106]
Ian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hi Mark, I have my 2019RR also. I have the Akrapovik full titanium race system on mine and also applied a <redacted> map...sounds rude :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Ianbullsey, what year is your bike. SC say you can’t remove the baffles for the 2019 or it has a negative affect on Homologation.

Hi Duffster. BMW tell me that the Akrapovik full system voids the warranty, hence me looking at a slip on only. How did you get your bike black too?

Hi Mark, it's 2015. I get a noticeable drop in power with the baffle in. I'd really like a full race Acraprovic (£3k all in? ) however I'd hate to think I'd be black flagged for noise and asked to fit a baffle or muffling device ! [emoji27]
Ian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hi Duffster. BMW tell me that the Akrapovik full system voids the warranty, hence me looking at a slip on only. How did you get your bike black too?

Hey Mark, all mods were done by BMW before delivery. They worked hard to paint the panels so I could take delivery as early as possible. Very happy with them :tennis:

Akra full system does NOT void your warranty per default. If your engine blows up and BMW can PROVE that the engine blew because of the Akra, then there will be no warranty, but it's the same with everything. If your engine blows and BMW can prove that it blew because of your slip on... then they won't pay.

Best power comes from arrow system.
We've just tested 3 different ones and it Dyno the best power.

Back