Tyre Warmers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianbullsey

Reaction score
Hi, are there any particular tyre warmers I should either buy or avoid? I'm looking to spend under £150 [emoji848]
Ian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

The sweet spot for decent ones is about £200-250 - Capits are very good for instance. You'll get ok ones for £150 but they tend to stop warming properly after a season of use. I've been taking temperature readings on a few different brands and they have gone from 80 degrees to ~50 degrees in only six months.

yep cap it are very good,even the base model,was using them for yrs,then tried tyrex,and again have been spot on for the last 2 yrs,and look good :)

you can always tell decent warmers by the insulation,my tyres get to 85c but the outer is relativley cool to touch,same as cap its.

I would highly recommend both Thermal Technology and Capit tyre warmers. Both are extremely good and have options to suit all budgets.

I’ve never heard of anyone experiencing any problems with Diamond tyre warmers and by all accounts they are very good.

My diamonds are superb.
The front broke after 2 years but the heating was always great. The thermistor can be repaired.

I recommend the digital version.

- Alex

I have TermoRace with the pressure sensor (it automatically adjust the pressure when the tyre is heated) and I had 0 problems. Yes they did cost a LOT but up until now not a single problem.

the tyre warmers automatically adjust the tyre pressure?

You preadjust the time, temperature, pressure and speed of heating in the tyre warmers and you just let them do their job while you do other things. When it is ready and with the correct pressure it informs you on the screen. It is also very tricky when the neighbors hear the valve adjusting the pressure while no one is there:excitement:

Capit. I get blown away by this, track day lads spend thousands on their bikes to make them look trick. Then go out on cold tyres because they will only pay 150 for warmers which don't maintain a constant temperature and only covers 2/3 of the rubber.
Then crash and smash all their bling and nicely painted alpha bodywork.
Just buy decent warmers, tyres and suspension. Let the bike look a little rougher without a thousand pound paint job.

Capit. I get blown away by this, track day lads spend thousands on their bikes to make them look trick. Then go out on cold tyres because they will only pay 150 for warmers which don't maintain a constant temperature and only covers 2/3 of the rubber.
Then crash and smash all their bling and nicely painted alpha bodywork.
Just buy decent warmers, tyres and suspension. Let the bike look a little rougher without a thousand pound paint job.

paint job dont cost much, suspension does. not sure what are you talking about.

He's not being literal, Vlad. Just means focus on the bits giving performance and safety.

- Alex

He's not being literal, Vlad. Just means focus on the bits giving performance and safety.

- Alex
I guess what I meant, it's better to have track fairings than suspension when you re beginning. Not fancy once like alpha obviously. When you crash, at least it will protect some of the bike....

Its all relative.... 1st time out, you don't need anything, when you get to bsb you'll probably have the lot. No good having tyre warmers and crashing outriding the suspension.

Its all relative.... 1st time out, you don't need anything, when you get to bsb you'll probably have the lot. No good having tyre warmers and crashing outriding the suspension.

You've got to be riding to a pretty high standard before you can outride the standard suspension............you need tyre warmers long before then.

Back