Having a new knee

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishing you a speedy recovery there RR, hope the mobility improves so you can "get yer leg over" and if all else fails you could use my mates pipe bending machine lol...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the best wishes Stuart and thanks for the offer of the pipe bender. I?ll have to get back to you on that.
It?s little things like this that makes this forum so special [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update RR, as the guys have said, wishing you the very best of luck with your continued recovery

Good luck with getting the bend you need to be able to do the stuff you want to do. When you have full movement you just take it for granted without a second thought. As I've got older the first couple of times getting my feet up onto the pegs gets harder each year. I have a mate thats had a fairly poor new knee. He's got less than 90 bend so is struggling with pretty much everything. No bike, no push bike, nothing. Hope you manage to keep the 118 you currently have.

Good luck with getting the bend you need to be able to do the stuff you want to do. When you have full movement you just take it for granted without a second thought. As I've got older the first couple of times getting my feet up onto the pegs gets harder each year. I have a mate thats had a fairly poor new knee. He's got less than 90 bend so is struggling with pretty much everything. No bike, no push bike, nothing. Hope you manage to keep the 118 you currently have.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Back home now and already back in the old routine, with shopping to do.
I shall have to give my knee the exercise it needs before my shopping I guess.

Reminds me of the time I injured my knee and had a full leg cast on for 6 months. When they took it off my knee was locked solid but with physio it gradually got to about 30 degrees. At least then I was able to drive my beautiful Fiat 128 3p SS which I missed so much having to take the bus everywhere. But then when I hit 90 degrees it point blank refused to budge anymore and essentially did not for about a year and a half. But gradually over time the complete movement came back by itself but it was almost two and a half years after taking off the cast.

Best of luck with your recovery.

Reminds me of the time I injured my knee and had a full leg cast on for 6 months. When they took it off my knee was locked solid but with physio it gradually got to about 30 degrees. At least then I was able to drive my beautiful Fiat 128 3p SS which I missed so much having to take the bus everywhere. But then when I hit 90 degrees it point blank refused to budge anymore and essentially did not for about a year and a half. But gradually over time the complete movement came back by itself but it was almost two and a half years after taking off the cast.

Best of luck with your recovery.

Good Heavens! That sounds like a marathon to me.
Glad you got there in the end.
Makes my little problem look like a stroll in the park.
I?ll take something from your experience and just keep going, doing what I?m doing till it?s fixed.....hopefully [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks... Chin up with the physio, slowly slowly catchy monkey, no pain no gain. Had a cruciate replaced when I was 50, started solid but regained 95%. I had adjustable leg irons which would stop over bending if I fell, couple of degrees each day, took about 6months.

That sucks... Chin up with the physio, slowly slowly catchy monkey, no pain no gain. Had a cruciate replaced when I was 50, started solid but regained 95%. I had adjustable leg irons which would stop over bending if I fell, couple of degrees each day, took about 6months.

Looks like you had quite a journey too my friend. Thanks for the encouragement though. I?ll just keep plodding on with my exercises and seeing my physio. Mine should improve if I work at it. Time will tell!

Back