Gen4 Full Akra or Slip-on

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noxx

Reaction score
I am in between a full system and a slip on at the moment.. I think a full system would be too freaking loud for long trips, however the Akra page actually says the bike will be quieter than stock with an Akra slip on.

Any of you guys have a slip-on on a Gen4 that can give me some sort of idea what it sounds like?

I’ve got the short GP stubby noxx.

Weighs nowt, but I’ll be honest and say that it’s a bit disappointing sound-wise and not any louder than stock, just a lower tone. Sounds better at higher revs, but since it was fitted at 50 miles in I can’t compare it to the stock item as I hadn’t revved it much by that point. Had a Yoshi LE55 with stock headers on the Gen 3 and was expecting something similar - but no 🤫.

Tim from Lind said they blow 96 db, Akra says it’s 114 with race headers (an additional £800), so since there’s no intermediate arrangement I’ll stick with what I’ve got for now as I don’t want the feds from 2 counties away listening to my progress.

I dont think the sound is brilliant with the akra slip on. At tickover it does sound like a very angry wasp having a fight with itself in a tin can, I was hoping for more of a grunt baritone level of noise. When you get some load on it and past 4k rpm it does sound pretty good from where I’m sitting and the noise does deepen. I am thinking I will probably end up with the full system if it will give me the cracks and pops (I like stuff like that) on the overruns when it goes to track clothes.

I’m disappointed to read this as I’m collecting a new 2019 S1000RR in 4 weeks and was looking for advice on exhaust can/ full system

Been tempted to buy a new Aprilia RSV1100 Factory with Akrapovic due to the noise of the V4 which sounds awesome .

I’ve got the short GP stubby noxx.

Weighs nowt, but I’ll be honest and say that it’s a bit disappointing sound-wise and not any louder than stock, just a lower tone. Sounds better at higher revs, but since it was fitted at 50 miles in I can’t compare it to the stock item as I hadn’t revved it much by that point. Had a Yoshi LE55 with stock headers on the Gen 3 and was expecting something similar - but no ������.

Tim from Lind said they blow 96 db, Akra says it’s 114 with race headers (an additional £800), so since there’s no intermediate arrangement I’ll stick with what I’ve got for now as I don’t want the feds from 2 counties away listening to my progress.

Have you considered setting the exhaust flapper to be permanently open? That may improve sound at lower revs....

I'm curious because I'm going to fit Akra GP slip on when my bike eventually arrives.

I haven’t thought about doing anything with the valve TBH, think I’ll just leave it as is for now while I consider if I can live with the more extreme option of a full system - which do look the dog’s I must admit, plus the benefit of ditching a further 5+ kg.

There’s nothing to be lost from you fitting the can since the headers can be retro-fitted directly to it if you can’t live with the lack of racket.

I haven’t thought about doing anything with the valve TBH, think I’ll just leave it as is for now while I consider if I can live with the more extreme option of a full system - which do look the dog’s I must admit, plus the benefit of ditching a further 5+ kg.

There’s nothing to be lost from you fitting the can since the headers can be retro-fitted directly to it if you can’t live with the lack of racket.

I'm not really looking to go full system, maybe in a couple of years time.

It would be interesting to hear about anybody that has installed a slip on and opened the flapper valve. I wonder if its worth the faff.

I’ve been told by the dealer today that they can supply an Akrapovic can with bypass pipe to decat the exhaust. This should give similar gains plus weight savings that would be achieved by the full system. Are the std downpipes stainless or titanium?

Insurance just told me to piss off with the Akrapovic. Do you guys have the same issues in the UK?

I’ve been told by the dealer today that they can supply an Akrapovic can with bypass pipe to decat the exhaust. This should give similar gains plus weight savings that would be achieved by the full system. Are the std downpipes stainless or titanium?

Have you got any codes as my dealer still says there's nothing from BMW and fitting anything else will void warranty.

Go full AKRA system, sprint filter, Heal Tech exhaust valve gadget. I did over the slip on. 11+ Bhp throughout the Rev range and some more torques. Notable difference than standard and not that much more louder.
Track day friendly (with Baffle) on all but a Donny loud day.

Pulls similar to my 270BHP Busa below 9k and then takes off like the proverbial above!

Sounds good too [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go full AKRA system, sprint filter, Heal Tech exhaust valve gadget. I did over the slip on. 11+ Bhp throughout the Rev range and some more torques. Notable difference than standard and not that much more louder.

Pulls similar to my 270BHP Busa below 9k and then takes off like the proverbial above!

Sounds good too [emoji6]

Oh man, sounds like you’ve got yours absolutely sorted. I’m envious but have no doubt it makes a reasonably insane racket!

Sounds good too [emoji6]

Who mapped the bike for you?

Still debating whether to go for the S1000RR with full Akro like yours or a RSV1100 Factory.

Rode the RSV1100Factory today and absolutely love the power delivery and soundtrack of the V4!!

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...id=BS_2019920_McGuinness_DM38616&bid=51442313

Oh man, sounds like you’ve got yours absolutely sorted. I’m envious but have no doubt it makes a reasonably insane racket!

Yes it’s as much as you need to do to be honest. It’s noisy on the warm up for about 20-30 seconds and then it’s not that much more than my 2016 with a slip on.

I do quite a few track days so it don’t want an obscenely noisy bike.

Who mapped the bike for you?

Still debating whether to go for the S1000RR with full Akro like yours or a RSV1100 Factory.

Rode the RSV1100Factory today and absolutely love the power delivery and soundtrack of the V4!!

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...id=BS_2019920_McGuinness_DM38616&bid=51442313

I haven’t had it mapped. Not going to bother as the BMW fuelling is pretty much spot on. I’m getting a Rapid Bike Evo System put on when they finish making it, circa Jan I’m told.

This will just smooth out the initial cold start a little more.

It’s personal choice between each model. And each have their own plus and minus.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy whatever it is you end up choosing, but I can assure you you won’t be disappointed if you did go with the new S1K M

Back