Boots

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Boots.... Guessing most riders find their boots get the most comfortable just before they're thrown away. Well, just thrown mine away and bought the exact same ones to replace, f**k me, forgot how tight they started out ! What's your thoughts on softening them up? Soak em? Stick em in the microwave? Punani juice?

Loved my Vortice..had 2 pairs of the Air model for over 7 years, then bought a pair of Daytonas... One thing I don't miss is the fannying about with the ratchet tensioners...great boots tho and loads of interchangeable parts..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sidi Vortex didn't do it for me at all and I soon sold them. Way too much plastic and other bits and more importantly they just didn't fit my foot shape very well either. Alpine Stars are always very comfy straight off, Dianese high end are super comfy but don't really last much longer than the AlpineStars to warrant the high price. I've just bought a set of like new Daytona GP for mega money and they are another universe to anything else but I just ended up using the toe to stop from 150mph after my brakes failed! Amazingly it has not gone through but it has ground down a fair way.

I've got some Sidi's that I bought in 2006, just had them resoled. Probably helps I don't ride in winter, and they've only been wet 4 or 5 times. I was going to spend ?300 plus on some Daytonas, but the repair man said the Sidi's are still in good condition.

YouTube is your friend. You can buy a spray chemical which softens the leather. Tried it on the wife's cowboy boots, doesn't work!

1. Mark the areas on the outside of the boot with chalk where you think that they are tight and put on a thin pair of socks, borrow some sock tights from the woman in your life if you can.
2. Find a ball hammer or hard round object that you can use in your hand to get to the inside of the boot, we are going to use this to push and stretch the leather at the tight spots.
3. Get a deep pan half filled with water, build a spout smaller than the diameter of your boot using aluminium foil and sit it on top of the saucepan so that when the water boils, the steam comes out of the spout. Get a pair of tongs and hold the boot upside down over the spout so the steam gets into the boot.
4. Get some steam inside the boot, get it nice and hot and start stretching the boot from the inside and when it is cool enough to work with your hand tool.
5. Wear the boots indoors for hours at a time before you go out in them.
Alternatively send them back and get a size bigger or go and try on some other boots

I've got some Sidi's that I bought in 2006, just had them resoled. Probably helps I don't ride in winter, and they've only been wet 4 or 5 times. I was going to spend ?300 plus on some Daytonas, but the repair man said the Sidi's are still in good condition.

Hi Pauly, could I ask where you got your boots resoled. The pair I was using yesterday in the rain have decided to de-sole!
Cheers, Rob

i just used a local cobbler to resole my daytonas. ?30-v-?200 i think from daytona !!

Back