Gen4 Full Akra Map

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noxx

Reaction score
Dealer told me today that BMW have supplied dealers with a map for full Akra systems and it won’t affect the warranty in any way. He said Gen3 and lower used to get letters from BMW stating that warranty is limited with full systems, but that does not apply to the Gen4 anymore.

Apparently all it takes is one click in the BMW diagnostics computer and the Gen4 will fully support the full system.

Good to hear. One thing that really struck me about the new bike was how similar the electronics felt to my RS2E superstock mapped race bike.

Last edited:
Thanks for this info. I have a bike being built now with a full system, but my dealer (BMW Oxford) cannot find a part number for this (apparently how the GEN3 was done), or information.

Can you provide any more details (internal numbering, or name on their system) please?

There are no part numbers for any Akra products at this moment. However your dealer will have the option to burn a map for open systems into your ECU using the BMW diagnostics computer. That's all I know.

Gen 4 Full Akrapovic Map

That’s useful information. The previous BMW ECU flash for the Gen 3 included not just mapping but also a Racing Data Release which fundamentally changed the electronics on the motorcycle and limited the warranty. From experience it was very good. The new mapping should have a BMW activation/enabling code which will be useful for reference. It will also be interesting to know what BMW are charging for the ECU exhaust mapping as it’s unlikely to be free.

If the Akra is a purchase option via BMW then they are obliged to make sure the fueling is corrected to suit. I don't think this is more than an adjusted table to prevent it running badly (i.e. lumpy idle associated with exhaust changes) which is only going to get worse with Euro 5.

Gen 4 Full Akrapovic Map

I’d agree if the Akrapovic system is a road homologated version complete with catalyst and meets Euro 5. If it’s an aftermarket full race system I don’t think BMW are obliged to provide anything free apart from advising that the fuelling will probably need to be adjusted at the point of sale and at the customers expense.

Gen 4 Full Akrapovic Map

They did via BMW for the Gen 3 as an official accessory. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did the same for the Gen 4.

Gen 4 Full Akrapovic Map

You will most likely get an Akrapovic full race system and in all likelihood it will probably be supplied by Performance Parts UK. Depending on how much you paid you will either receive the full Titanium version or the cheaper Stainless Steel system.

Re: Gen 4 Full Akrapovic Map

You will most likely get an Akrapovic full race system and in all likelihood it will probably be supplied by Performance Parts UK. Depending on how much you paid you will either receive the full Titanium version or the cheaper Stainless Steel system.

Didn't ask for price but did state not to get me the titanium system

Gen 4 Full Akrapovic Map

Then you should be receiving an Akrapovic Racing Line full exhaust system. The more expensive Titanium version is known as the Evolution Line system. You can see the differences between the two systems by clicking on the weblinks below.

Akrapovic Racing Full Exhaust System
https://www.akrapovic.com/en/moto/p...e-Titanium?brandId=44&modelId=377&yearId=5414

Akrapovic Evolution Full Exhaust System
https://www.akrapovic.com/en/moto/p...e-Titanium?brandId=44&modelId=377&yearId=5414

There are no part numbers for any Akra products at this moment. However your dealer will have the option to burn a map for open systems into your ECU using the BMW diagnostics computer. That's all I know.

After reading this, i've just plugged our demo model in and can't find anything of the sort. Who is your dealer? If it's against forum rules to say, could you DM me who it is.

Many thanks :)

Thanks for this info. I have a bike being built now with a full system, but my dealer (BMW Oxford) cannot find a part number for this (apparently how the GEN3 was done), or information.

Can you provide any more details (internal numbering, or name on their system) please?

Could you please DM me info regarding the full system as I’ve also purchased a new S1000RR from Oxford which I should be collecting in the next 4 weeks.

Thanks

Hi can I have the info as well please. Spoke to dealer yesterday and was told fitting it would void warrenty. I have to say this bike is the 4th brand I've bought a new bike from and has without doubt been the worst experience. To the point I'm so close to telling them to forget it.

My dealer has the manufacturer (Rapid Bike Evo) making me a modified system for my Gen4 M-Sport. Should be here in Jan. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When are you collecting your bike from Oxford?

Back