Track friendly slip-ons (without a baffle)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavD101

Reaction score
At the moment I have a SC Project GP70R slip-on for my 2017 RR. I was lucky enough to find a used one at a really good price on Ebay. The previous owner had drilled it to accept a baffle which i used at all the track days I've done this year. (Passes static with the baffle in).

The main reason I went for this Slip-on was was primarily lose some weight off the bike (I also like the look of it) and I have to say i did notice the difference when tipping into corners (weighs 0.9KG)

The thing is though, with the baffle in it does restrict it somewhat and creates a horrid flat spot in the mid range. And I'd expect with the baffle out on track it will probably get black flagged at some tracks. On the road i don't run it with a baffle and it is not too loud.

Even though i know there are two possible answers to my question. Put the stock end can back or go full system. With the full system like Akrapovic, Arrow or MIVV. It is chunk of investment and at my level, I do not think myself or the bike warrants it.

So the question is, does anyone know of a weight saving "unicorn" slip-on that doesn't need a power strangling baffle for track.

Cheers.

For track I use a full length MHP can on a full Akro system and only been black flagged on a Donny quiet day. They do an adjustable baffle and didn't notice any power loss when I had to use it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm sorry I can't comment on your particular SC model, I have the SC CONIC? Static test 103db Caldwell. I've done two Donnington days without a problem (I must admit I did pop the baffle back in for one session, it scrubbed well over 10mph off my speed on the Dunlop straight. No issues at Oulton either. Hope this helps?
Ian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

i have a pipewerx long can for uk days,it does restrict the power a bit,but tbh unless your trying to break lap records (or are actually able to) makes no real difference tbh

Ianbullsey, the SC Conic static is 103! I thought they were meant to be quieter. What year is your bike?

Scooby, i looked at Pipewerx to see if they offered a longer can for my bike but they don't have anything listed. (mine has the strange split exit from the cat). And no i am not able to smash lap records but as mentioned the main focus is to weight and remove the awful flat/dead spot the baffle creates on the bike. Power restriction was probably the wrong thing to say.

I bought a Miv and full system off of @Scooby and it is perfect at ~101db. Interestingly the system end pipe is narrower than the Akro and will not fit my spare Akro end can but the bike is very very powerful. I dont know if its the system or just the bike engine is good but I'm hesitant to switch to the full akro! Unfortunately I've wrecked the body of the Miv can but I think it's repairable as I really dont want to deal with noise issues.

On my Gen 3 I run Akra headers with the Akra Slip on, With no Baffle every track day I have done this year it blows 98-100db...
I'm surprised to hear this, those figures are about what you get with the stock cats still installed?

Yep I have tried all end cans including a Pipe Werx, My current set up has been fine all year. At Brands, Snet and Cadwell all around the same figures.

Brands always seem to be hard work....But was fine with no baffle. Had it tested with baffle 92db

These noise test rules seem to differ for different bikes....My mate has New Pan V4 S and blows well over the noise limit but because it is standard they let him through... Seems crazy

I bought a Miv and full system off of @Scooby and it is perfect at ~101db. Interestingly the system end pipe is narrower than the Akro and will not fit my spare Akro end can but the bike is very very powerful. I dont know if its the system or just the bike engine is good but I'm hesitant to switch to the full akro! Unfortunately I've wrecked the body of the Miv can but I think it's repairable as I really dont want to deal with noise issues.

yep that mivv system was perfect for t/days,you got a good deal there ;)

No Cat Alex... I have the Akra Headers with the Akra Can that would fit the standard system, Like the one for sale on the here at mo. Remove the slip on part with carbon heat sheild and bolted straight on to the Akra Headers.

HM racing advised me to try. I was struggling before since then its been fine. Done 5 days this year all under No Limits and passed everytime no issues.

Gen 3 2015, I've had a number of tests done at Caldwell. In fact I'm at Caldwell this Monday, I'll post the Dbs on the forum [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

No Cat Alex... I have the Akra Headers with the Akra Can that would fit the standard system, Like the one for sale on the here at mo. Remove the slip on part with carbon heat sheild and bolted straight on to the Akra Headers.

HM racing advised me to try. I was struggling before since then its been fine. Done 5 days this year all under No Limits and passed everytime no issues.
Thats interesting, perhaps thats what I was doing wrong since I have the link pipe and carbon shield on there still. I'll take a look when I'm home again.

So it looks like the general consensus is full system then. (Or keep the stock end can on for the track)

Akra seem the most likely to get through most sound testing. I also read the MIVV system is pretty good and track friendly as well. I actually did think of purchasing just the MIVV Slip-on before the SC. With the idea of changing the headers at later date. The MIVV comes with a separate link pipe. But the Slip-on inlet is 66 dia while on the full system system End Can uses a 60 dia and link pipe use 60 dia...so it wouldn't work. https://www.mivv.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/B031_DELTA_SCHEMATIC.pdf gives you an idea if anyone is interested in what i am talking about haha.

Last edited:
I'm quite confident that the Mivv is quieter than the Akro. My Mivv full system is ~101Db. I havn't measured stock or Akro but the Mivv seems quieter than the stock system with Akro end can that I had before.

As posted here; http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=137939

Akra race system for the gen 3 is 101db static but 100db on the driveby [emoji33][emoji48]

With the baffle in it was 96db static...and I kept it under 92db driveby according to the fact I didn't get pulled in again.

Futher down that thread you can see a PowerTech can I had made to fit the Akra headers for £200. This too has a removable baffle.

- Alex

Alex, that’s pretty quiet especially with the baffle in. At least you don’t have to worry about noise testing and keeping it under the drive by.
I think it’s confirmed that I should go full system eventually.
I’ve got a trackday at Bedford on Monday and that is well known for being strict. I’ve put the OE back on for that and it will be a good test as I’ve never done a track day with the OE slipon.

Latest posts

Back